Jet

(So, made some changes. Hope you don't mind. Enjoy!)

It had been a few days since we got away from the pirates and have continued north. But now we were resting in a forest where the trees were large and tall. The leaves were also a beautiful shade of red. I rested back against Appa as I feel the stone of my bracelet. I then remembered the necklace and take it out and hold it above me as the red gem hangs from chain. I then remember the yellow gem and take it out as well. Man, I'm just a collector of gems now, huh? "Where's Momo?" I put away the necklace and gem when and looked at Aang. But then a familiar screech is heard.

We all got to searching until we looked up and saw Momo trapped in a cage with two other creatures. "Hang on, Momo!" Aang airbends his way up the trees. He lowers the cage with Momo and Katara and Sokka open it to let him out. Then he hops out and snacks on the food used to lure and trap him. I smirked at that, our little foodie. I stop smirking as I look back up at the other creatures. "All right, you too." Aang jumps up to free them too. "This is going to take forever." I hear Sokka complain then see his boomerang thrown and cut the ropes of the cages. "I got this." I tell them. I open one cage then a cat-baboon jumps out. I offer them a berry and they sniff my hand then take it from me and eats it. I then free the other one and give them a berry. They take it then it and its and friend walk off.

Aang slides down and stops in front of us then we inspect the cages. "These are Fire Nation traps. You can tell from the metalwork. We'd better pack up and get moving." Sokka informs then states. "Good call." I agree. We return back to camp and start packing up. "Uh-Uh! No flying this time." I look up as I see Sokka walk over to Katara and Aang. "What? Why wouldn't we fly?" Aang asks as Sokka grabs supplies from him and put it down on the ground. I stand up as I walk over to join them. "Think about it. Somehow Prince Zuko and the Fire Nation keep finding us. It's because they spot Appa, he's just too noticeable." Sokka informs. I press my face and body on Appa's side and rest my hands on his soft fur. "Hey, Appa can't help if he brings a lot of attention. Isn't that right, big guy?" I say, my voice muffled by the fur. Appa growls in response.(Appa Appreciation!) "That's what I thought." I rub my face in his fur.

"Yeah. And besides, Appa's not that noticeable." I hear Katara argue then step away from Appa and rub off any fur that got on me. "He's a gigantic fluffy monster with an arrow on his head! It's kind of hard to miss him." Sokka argues then Appa growls again. "Sokka's just jealous because he doesn't have an arrow." Aang comforts him. I then think about what Sokka said. Flying is a fast transportation, but Appa is pretty noticeable. "I know you all want to fly, but my instincts tell me we should've play it safe this time and walk." Sokka says. "Who made you boss?" Uh, oh. Another sibling banter coming up. I roll my eyes as I cross my arms. "I'm not the boss, I'm the leader." Sokka states. "You're the leader? But your voice still cracks." Katara scoffs with a smile. "I'm the oldest and I'm the warrior! So I'm the leader!" Sokka's voice cracks before he deepens it to ignore it.

I hold a hand to my mouth to hide my smile as I giggle a little. "If anyone's the leader, it's Aang. I mean, he is the Avatar." What? Aang? "Are you kidding? He's just a goofy kid." Can't argue with that. I look to find Aang hanging upside-down as he holds onto one of Appa's horns. Proving Sokka's point. "He's right." Even he agrees. "But I thought (Y/N) was the leader." He says. I raise a brow at that. He lets go of Appa's horn and lands on his feet. "I mean, she is the oldest out of all of us, minus me having been in an iceberg for a hundred years. She also looks out for us and tends to take charge a lot." He explains.

"Hmm. Good point." I say as I recall how often I had to pull my and all the others weight. "But it wouldn't hurt to get some walking in. We can't get lazy and I think Big Boy Fluff would appreciate it." I agree with Sokka as I put on my pack. "Fine." Katara groans but agrees. "Why do boys always think someone has to be the leader? I bet you wouldn't be so bossy if you kissed a girl." I roll my eyes. Seriously, Katara? "I've kissed a girl. You just haven't met her yet." Sokka defends. "Who? Gran-Gran? I've met Gran-Gran." Okay, this is going to take too long. I slump as they continue to bicker. "No, besides Gran-Gran." "Suki doesn't count. She kissed you. On the cheek." I tease as I smirk and place a finger on my cheek to emphasize. "Not you too!" Sokka whips around to face me and scowls. I only continue to smirk.