¥ 8

Four days later

Sitting in the backyard with my feet in the pool, just thinking about life, I felt a presence behind me. Looking up, I saw Amir walking up to me.

 \He wore gray Nike sweatshorts and a white t-shirt, his dreads hanging in his face. He wore white quarter-length socks and white Air Forces. 

In his left hand, he held a Sprite. The sun beamed on him, accentuating his tattoos. He looked fine.

He made it to me, squatting down to my level. I looked at him, but his eye contact made me turn away. 

"Wyd out here, baby girl?" he asked, opening his drink. I shrugged.

 "Nothing, just thinking." I moved my freshly painted feet back and forth in the water.

He hummed. "What chu thinking 'bout? Hope it ain't 'bout that nigga," he said. 

I rolled my eyes, sighing. Here he goes again with the BS. 

Getting up, I walked away from him. "Where you going?" he followed.

I ignored him, drying my legs off, pulling my jeans back down, then going back into the house, closing the door behind me. 

I walked to the kitchen, going into the pantry and grabbing some mini muffins. Turning around, I saw him leaning on the doorway. 

I tried walking past him, but he was blocking the way. I huffed. "Can you move?" I looked ahead, not at him.

I felt him staring at me. "Why are you ignoring me?" he grabbed my jaw, making me look at him. 

"Because you keep bringing the same situation up. Like, okay, I get it," I expressed.

"Honestly, you're irritating me," I continued. "You should've never done it in the first place." He shrugged, letting my jaw go.

"Okay, do you want a fucking cookie?" I semi-yelled, pushing past him. Before I could leave, he grabbed my hair, pulling me back.

 "Who tf are you yelling at, Nadine? That shit hurt. That's why I keep bringing it up. I got your whole name tattooed, g, so the person who should be mad is me. 

Yeah, I'm sitting in my fucking jail cell thinking about you in shit, and you're out here fucking on an opp nigga."

He looked me in my eyes. "I wanna kill you so bad right now," he chuckled, "but me loving you is stopping me. 

But I won't hesitate to break your fucking jaw, so watch your tone with me" He pushed me harshly, causing me to fall to the ground.

He was about to walk out but turned around. "Just remember, you're mine and ONLY mine," he walked out laughing, sipping his Sprite. 

Tears clouded my vision. Jamal never treated me like this, even though I ain't like him. He never treated me like this.

I got up, walked up the stairs, and saw the boys on the couch. 

I spotted some girl sitting in Amir's lap. She looked at me and then mugged me. 

I ignored it, walking past. How the fuck you say I'm yours but got a bitch in your lap? You know what, I ain't even mad. 

NJ called out to me. "Rayray," I turned back around, going back to the living room. I leaned on the rail and hummed.

All attention fell on me except Amir's; he was too busy on his phone. 

I covered my stomach; I started to feel anxious. 

I had on a black cropped graphic tee with some Rock Revival jeans that almost went over my entire feet from how they were made.