¥ 4

Nadine Raelynn Diggs 

'continued' 

I finished putting on my outfit, then went to my closet to get a pair of white socks out of the bag. I sat on my bed, humming along to Lana Del Ray's "Summertime Sadness." Placing the socks on my feet, I heard a knock on my door. Grabbing the remote behind me, I paused the TV. "Come in," I called out.

The door opened, revealing Spark with a lit blunt in his mouth. "Yo, brother said, 'Are you ready?'" he asked as I put my shoes on.

"Yeah, I'll be out in a minute," I replied. He nodded and closed the door back. I stood off my bed, grabbed my Pink Pineapple Sunrise perfume, and sprayed some on my neck, then down my body. Putting the cap back on.

I grabbed my pink handbag, putting my lip gloss in there along with my charger and my AirPods. I grabbed my phone, placed it in my pocket, and then put my bag on my shoulder, looking around my room to make sure I wasn't missing anything. 

Spotting my gum pack on my nightstand, I grabbed it, took four out, unwrapped one, and placed it in my mouth. Putting the packet back down, I tapped my nail on my chin, trying to figure out what I was forgetting. I decided to ignore it, going towards my door, turning the knob, and opening it, leaving out,  closing it behind me.

I walked down the hall, going to the living room, where I saw Spark, Tboy, and my brother NJ sitting on the couch, passing a blunt around. They looked up as I walked in. "You ready?" my brother asked. I nodded. "I feel like I'm forgetting to do something, though."

I frowned, leaning on the wall, trying to figure out what I was missing. "You got your phone?" my brother asked. I nodded. "You got your charger?" I nodded again.

"You took your afternoon medicine?" My eyes lit up as I snapped my fingers. "This is why I love you," I said, smiling and putting my bag down on the beanbag.

I heard him chuckle as I walked back to my room, going to my bathroom to take my medicine, then leaving back out, and closing the door. "Okay, now I'm ready," I announced. They got up as NJ grabbed his keys. I grabbed my purse, following them down the steps.

As they went out the door, I went to the kitchen pantry, got my hot puffcorn, closed the pantry door, went to the refrigerator, opened it, got my sweet tea, and closed it back. I left out the door into the garage, seeing Spark in the front, making me mug. I went to the passenger door, tapping the window.

Seeing him smirk, he cracked the door. "What chu want, RayRay?" he teased. I mugged him harder. "Get out, bitch. You knew I was getting in the front."

My brother laughed. "Bruh, Nadine, get in the car." I crossed my arms, just sitting there, leaning on my brother's other car, waiting for Spark to get out. I even opened my chips, eating a few. "C'mon, Nadine, we're already running behind," my brother urged. I shrugged my shoulders and ate some more of my chips.

I saw Spark smack his lips. "Here with you crybaby ass," he said as he opened the door, getting out, making me smile. I pushed him out of the way, getting in the front, and closing the door back. Hearing the back door close indicated Spark got in.

My brother pulled out of the driveway, and I put my seatbelt on, sat back, eating my chip, and putting my drink in the cup holder. "It's too quiet, making me anxious. Lemme connect to the radio," Tboy said. "Fuck no," NJ and Spark said together.

"You always playing that sad-ass music," Spark teased Tboy. "Ong, heaven must have broken up with yo ass again," NJ added. I heard Tboy smack his lips, making them laugh. "What you do now, bruh?" NJ asked, laughing.