23 - It's out!

*Chris pov*

It's been a month since we hosted Sam at our house, so it's the end of February.
Unfortunately the relationship with her parents is slowly deteriorating and she won't really tell us why but she tells us that they fight every day for nonsenses.
Sofia tells me she comes at work almost every morning with bloodshot eyes from how much she cried during the night. We both thought that her parents were supporting her but apparently it's not like that.

I really can't help but feel sorry for her and angry for what they're putting her through, she's a smart and kind and sweet 19 year old and she shouldn't go through that...
Today is Sunday and yesterday she was pretty sad and moping all day, that's what Sofia told me last night.
We're actually going to my mom for Sunday lunch, Sebastian and Georgeta are also gonna be there as usual and today we're gonna announce the pregnancy to the rest of them. I've been actually thinking to go pick up Sam and bring her with us, I don't want to let her spend all day locked in her bedroom to avoid her parents...

"Baby..." I say getting into our bedroom as she was finishing getting ready
"Yeah?"
"I was thinking to go pick up Sam and bring her with us..."
"Awww that's sweet of you...I think we should"
"I'll call her up and tell her"
"Great, I'm almost done"
So exiting our bedroom that's what I did, it took a bout five minutes to convince but in the end she said that she'll get ready and wait for us.
My mom saw her once and Sebastian a few times when he hours at the bookstore occasionally, he also tried to make her feel better by telling her they can be friends too and other small gestures.
As for the rest of our family they only heard about her, so they're gonna meet her today.

Once Sofia was ready to go we drove ten minutes to Sam's house.
She was already waiting on her porch for us and once she saw us she immediately came to us
"Morning..." she says quietly
"Hi" I say watching her through the rear view mirror as I start to drive while Sofia turns in her seat and gently squeezes her hand.
"Thanks for letting me come..."
"No problem sweetie" Sofia says
The shirt drive to my mom was mostly spent in silence and we understood, it wasn't a problem, I just really hope that today she can let loose a little.

"Hello fam" I say walking into my mom's house
"Hi sweet boy" ma says coming to hug me first and then Sofia "Scott and Shanna are almost here, they ran to get more beers"
"That's ok Lisa"
"Yeah uhm...we actually got to set one more plate to the table cause we picked up Sam on the way here" I tell her and my mom looks at her
"Oh sure, I'm happy to have you around my table, hope you'll enjoy everything me and Georgeta cooked!" She says before scurrying away to get another plate and everything else on the table.
"You're gonna love the food..." I comment
"I know, that lasagna was really delicious" she says smiling, her mood picking up already a little.

We got with everyone else into the living room and Sam started to chat a little with Sebastian and Carly, while Ryan and I were talking about how big Ethan has gotten lately, he's turning one in just a month and a half!
When finally my little brother and sister arrived we all got ready and sat at the table, my mom and Georgeta quickly explaining what they have cooked and then we all dig in.
"This is all so delicious!" Sam says smiling big
"Happy you like it, I'm sure we're gonna have leftovers so you can bring something home...your parents out of town again?"
"Ma..." I say
"No Chris it's fine...they are home, it's just that lately we fight every day so when I'm home I'm always in my room and Chris offered to spend the day with you all and I accept"
"Oh..."
"I'm sorry" Seb says rubbing her shoulder
"But anyways..." she says sort of giving a clue to change the subject so Sofia and I pick it up
"Mhm...anyways...by the middle of September we should add a little chair to the table for Sunday lunch..." Sofia says
"We're expecting!" I finish
And if they had stunned faces when Sofia said that they were even more stunned when I confirmed it.
"Oh my gosh you guys...congratulations!" Carly says standing up quickly to come and hug us, the rest of the family doing the same
"Go hug your sister..." Georgeta comments seeing Sebastian not moving
"I'll hug her, it just that Scott and I already knew..."
"Yeah right we did"
"You told these two doofus before us?" Shanna says
"Hey..."
"Just as a precaution in case something went wrong..."
"We get it sweetie" my mom says
"So how are things going?" Ryan asks
"So far really good, I'm 12 weeks as of today and we're both doing just fine"
"Her ONGYN is really nice and we check on baby often"
"I'm really happy to heart that"
"Uhhh that's why you hired Sam!"
"Yup, and she's been lovely. She had been knowing about the baby since last month cause I really had a bad morning sickness and I just told her cause she would have figured it out in a few days"
"I'm happy for the both of you" Sam says "and I'll help in any way I can"
"We know that Sam, thanks!"

The rest of the day went smoothly, mostly talking about our baby and about Ethan's first birthday and if Carly and Ryan wanted to organize something, but once Sofia felt tired we picked up our things, leftovers for all of us included and went back, dropping off Sam first.
"Thank you so much for today guys" she says as I come to a stop in front of her house
"Not problem at all, you cams stay with us whenever you want...and I'm sure Seb would like your company too" I say making her blush with the last thing
"Uhm..."
"You two are getting pretty close..." Sofia says
"He's easy to talk to...lie you two..." she says with a bit of a blush still tinting her cheeks
"Nothing wrong with that..."
"I uh...wanted to tell you why my parents and I are fighting..."
"You don't have to..."
"I want to Sof..."
"Ok..."
"They want me to go to college now and to graduate and to get into their company. Now I know a college degree is important but it's not what I'm looking for right now and certainly getting into their company won't make me happy..." she says tears brimming her eyes
"Oh hun..."
"I doing really great now, I have you guys as friends and I'm working hard to try and be independent and get myself a little apartment and I absolutely love working for you. I love what I'm doing right now and that maybe that'll change in five years time but going into their company will just destroy me, it's nothing I can enjoy and I don't really like it"
"Ehy, we understand and you should always follow your heart, your dreams...and if this is what you want to do then keep doing it" I tell her
"We're always gonna be here for you and if you want we can talk with your parents..."
"I guess I'll let them be for now..."
"Ok, but know that when you need a bit of space from them our door is always open ok?"
"Thank you Chris, the both of you, thanks"
We hug her before we watch her getting inside her house, poor girl she doesn't know what to do...
Sofia was very upset after that and she might have cried a little too, but then we both knew that we had to help sam being more in control of what she wants to do.

A/n
Here it is as promised!
Hope you enjoyed it, give me some feedback🩵