8 - Birthday with tears

*Sofia pov*

Today it's finally August 13th so that means it's Sebastian's birthday!
We organized a party at his house in the late afternoon/evening so today I closed the bookstore earlier for that and because I have a check up with my gynecologist, in fact I'm currently siting in his waiting room.

"Ms. Stan?" Gloria the secretary calls me "follow me"
I walk behind her and watch as she knocks on my doctor's office door and he says to come in
"Hello Ms. Stan, how are you doing?"
"Hello Dr. Morgan, good thanks. You?"
"Doing good thank you. So you're here for a check up right?"
"Ehm yeah...lately for the past six months or so I have missed my period once and the other times it's irregular..."
"Ok, i have both your and your relatives medical history, I'd like to take a quick blood test and then we'll do an ultrasound to check, is that ok with you?"
"Sure"
I let him do his job of taking my blood and send it to the lab, he says that the result will be here in about twenty minutes, just the time for the ultrasound and talk a bit more.

"Could you lower your shorts a bit and pull up your tshirt please?"
"Yeah...sorry..."
"It's alright"
He puts the cold gel on my belly and starts the ultrasound, and I just wait there, occasionally we make small conversation during the exam.
Once finished he lets me clean up and waits for me at his desk.
"Well Ms. Stan it appears you have PCOS, and it's confirmed by the blood test. It's mild in fact your only symptom is the irregularity of your menstrual cycle. You don't have any other symptoms"
"Oh ok...uhm..."
"There's therapies we can do, I know you can't take the pill. It depends if you want to get pregnant soon or if you still want to wait a few years"
"My partner and I will be getting married in four months and we plan on having kids soon..."
"Then we can start on a therapy that will help your cycle be regular and induce ovulation. Now the pill kind you can't take because of your migraines like the pill, but there's injections those will effect you much less"
"Ok...uhm...is there anything else we could do?"
"If you want to have kids soon after your wedding, if you feel comfortable you can start trying now with both unprotected sex and medication"
"This medication...how does it work?"
"You'll have to have and injection every day at the same our, like you would take the pill. It's important not to miss the injection, if it happens you have to call me. There are some side effects, breast enlargement, nausea, pelvic pain or bloating, if you have any of this you have to tell me. Other can be mood changes, pain or irritation at the injection site and tiredness, these do not require medical attention. You'll have to lower your alcohol intake, if it's possible not have any. The site of the injection would be your belly"
"Uh...ok"
"You don't. Have to decide now, I know it's a lot. Talk with your husband and when you know what to do call me. If you decide to take medication I will need to tests your urine and blood a lot, especially in the first period of time and do ultrasounds as well"
"Thank you Dr. Morgan"
"You're welcome, I'll see you soon if you decided on doing the injections"
"Bye"

That was something...I get back in my car and my head is full of thoughts, not good ones...
I keep on thinking about what the doctor told me all the way to my brother house...but bow it's time to put on a smiley face and celebrate him.
I grab his gift from the back of my car and ring the door bell, smiling more when I see the birthday boy.
"Happy birthday!" I say as I hug him "this is for you!"
"Thank you so much Sofia" he says hugging me again "come on in, everyone is here"
I go in and greet my mom, Chris's family and some of my brother friends.
"Here she is" Chris says kissing my head
"Everything good at the doctor?"
"Yeah" I say smiling...I really don't know how to tell him, we both want a big family so bad...
"Good, can I get you some food?"
"Yes please I'm starving"
"I'll be right back baby"
As Chris goes to get me food I mingle with his sisters, admiring how cute Ethan looks in his outfits right now...

sofiastan

I must have been in my own little world cause Scott has to call me three times before I actually react

"Bestie you good?"
"Yeah"
"Uh uh you're not telling me the truth..." he says
"I am"
"Scott's right, you aren't" Sebastian says standing beside him
"Boys I'm fine..." Sebastian gently grabs my hand and pulls me into one of the guest bedrooms
"What do you think you're doing?"
"What's bothering you Sofia?" Scott asks sitting me down, they sit next to me and take my hands
"I went for a check up at my obgyn earlier..."
"You're pregnant?" Scott asks
"No...my period has been irregular for the past six months ish and I decided to do a check up, he told me I have mild PCOS, Chris and I might have some difficulties getting pregnant, so I have to start medication in order to be sure that I ovulate"
"Sof..."
"I don't know how to tell Chris, it's been his dream, our dream since we got together, being married and having kids and now I don't know how long it'll take us to even have one..." I say as tears start to go down my cheeks"
"Oh printesă" (Princess) Sebastian says pulling me closer to him while Scott draws small circles on my back.
"Chris is not gonna love you any less Sof" Scott reassures me "you'll get through this together"
"Exactly, and we're all here for you. But you have to tell Chris, tonight. The sooner the better" Sebastian tells me kissing my head
"You guys are the best, I love you"
"We love you too" Scott says
One last hug and wiping of my tears, bright smiles on, and we're ready to join the party again.

Chris comes find me with my food and a drink that I refuse but he asks no questions.
The party is in full mode now, most people are mingling but others are dancing outside while sipping on their drinks.
Comes cake time, Sebastian blows off all 29 candles and then we all get a piece of it, then he opens his gifts and we call it a night.

"You disappeared for a bit..." Chris says while taking off his shoes and settling down on the couch
"Yeah...I need to tell you something..."
"What is it baby, you're worrying me..."

A/n
Hope you liked this chapter, I did a bit of research but I'm not sure everything I've written is 100% correct, if not I apologize!