Chapter 5: Weight of time

The moon cast an eerie glow over the abandoned building where Jotaro stood, leaning against a crumbling wall. The scent of tobacco lingered in the air as he took another drag from his cigarette, the ember flaring briefly in the darkness. His mind was a whirlpool of memories and emotions, each one more painful than the last.

He thought of Y/N, her smile so radiant, her laughter so pure. In this timeline, she was alive, vibrant, and full of life. But in so many others, she had perished. Over and over, he had watched her fall in battle, her body broken and lifeless. The agony of witnessing her death time and time again had driven him to the brink of madness.

Jotaro clenched his fists, his cigarette burning down to a stub. He had to find a way to protect her, to keep her safe. His new Stand ability had given him a chance—a chance to rewrite history, to change the outcome. Beyond stopping time, his Stand now allowed him to travel between timelines, seeking out a reality where Y/N was alive and well.

And he had found it. This timeline.

But it wasn't enough to simply be here. He had to ensure her safety, keep her away from the dangerous missions that threatened her life, and—most importantly—keep other men away from her. The thought of losing her to anyone else was unbearable.

With a determined scowl, Jotaro flicked his cigarette away and walked towards the edge of the building. He could see the school in the distance, its lights dimmed for the night. His heart ached as he remembered the many times he had seen her die in those halls, fighting bravely against monsters that seemed unstoppable.

"Not this time," he muttered to himself. "This time, I'll keep you safe, Y/N."

The next morning, Y/N, Jeok-Yeon, and Makoto walked to school together, their steps light despite the lingering sense of danger. The previous day's battle had left them exhausted, but their spirits were high.

"Do you think we'll ever get a break?" Jeok-Yeon asked, her voice laced with a hint of frustration.

Makoto smiled reassuringly. "We'll take down these monsters, one by one. And when we do, we'll have all the breaks we want."

Y/N laughed, but her laughter was cut short as she spotted Jotaro leaning against the school gate, his expression unreadable. She felt a flutter of nerves in her stomach. There was something about him that always seemed so intense, so determined.

"Hey, Jotaro," she called, waving.

He nodded curtly, his gaze fixed on her. "Y/N, can we talk?"

The other two girls exchanged glances but said nothing as Y/N walked over to Jotaro.

"What's up?" she asked, tilting her head in curiosity.

Jotaro took a deep breath. "I need you to stay away from the dangerous missions. It's too risky."

Y/N frowned. "What do you mean? We fight together. I can't just sit back while you and the others face those monsters."

"I know, but—" He paused, searching for the right words. "I just want to keep you safe. You mean too much to me."

Her heart skipped a beat at his words, but she shook her head. "I appreciate that, Jotaro, but I can't abandon my friends. We're a team."

Jotaro's jaw tightened. He knew this wouldn't be easy. "Just... promise me you'll be careful."

"I will," she said softly. "But you have to trust me."

He nodded reluctantly, knowing that he couldn't push her too hard. "Alright. Just remember, I'm here for you."

As they headed into the school, Jotaro's mind raced. He needed a plan, something that would keep her out of harm's way without making her feel trapped.

The day passed uneventfully, but the sense of impending danger never fully dissipated. As the final bell rang, the trio gathered their things, ready to head home.

"Hey, let's take a different route today," Jotaro suggested, his tone casual.

Y/N raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

"Just a change of scenery," he said with a shrug. "It's nice outside."

Jeok-Yeon and Makoto exchanged wary looks but followed along. As they walked through a quiet park, a sudden chill filled the air. Jotaro's instincts screamed at him—something was wrong.

"Stay close," he muttered, his eyes scanning the area.

Before they could react, a monstrous creature emerged from the shadows, its eyes burning with a malevolent light. It lunged at them, its claws slicing through the air.

"Moon Prism Power, Make Up!"
"Yeon Spirit, Transform!"
"Jupiter Power, Make Up!"

Their transformations were instantaneous, but the creature was fast. It struck with terrifying speed, its claws cutting through the air. Blood splattered as Jeok-Yeon took a hit, her body flung against a tree.

"Jeok-Yeon!" Y/N screamed, her heart pounding with fear.

Sailor Jupiter launched herself at the creature, her fists crackling with electricity. "Supreme Thunder Dragon!" she cried, but the monster dodged, its movements almost too quick to follow.

Y/N, her heart racing, summoned her moonlight powers. "Moonlight Purge!" she shouted, sending a beam of pure energy at the creature. It howled in pain, but continued its assault.

Jotaro watched from a nearby building, his heart aching as he saw the danger Y/N was in. He had to do something. He activated his Stand, Star Platinum, and time stopped. Everything froze, except for him.

He moved quickly, positioning himself between Y/N and the creature. As time resumed, he unleashed a flurry of powerful punches. "ORA ORA ORA ORA!"

The monster reeled from the assault, its dark energy flickering. Y/N stared in shock as Jotaro fought, his Stand a blur of motion.

"Jotaro!" she cried. "Be careful!"

The creature, weakened but not defeated, lunged again. Jotaro braced himself, but before it could strike, a beam of moonlight pierced through its chest. Y/N stood, her eyes blazing with determination, her power focused and deadly.

The monster let out a final, agonized scream before disintegrating into a cloud of dark energy. Silence fell over the park, broken only by the heavy breathing of the fighters.