Chapter Six

Author Note: Si Muchen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Six

The march through the city could have been embarrassing for the Lu Family, but not for Yuechan. She'd expected for the carriages she'd used before to suddenly go MIA. Her brother pressed against her side, and two female servants by the name of Hua Ai and Huan Jia. Bother girl were 15 and were skilled and quick. 

When Madam Lu asked her to pick two servants she'd picked them as they seemed the most realist about the world beyond the back garden. She wasn't interested in any of the pretty soft skin girls who's greatest dreams were to share her husbands bed.

"Are these the Lu families people."

The question drew her out of her thoughts, and she looked forward to seeing that the guards who'd gathered them was currently speaking with a man on horseback. Seeing him look her and the other over with disdain, Yuechan could already see that this man was looking to make things difficult.

The guard who'd escorted gave a quick confirmation and the one horseback motioned or those with him to step forward. "I am Si Muchen, and I'll be escorting along with other convicts to the southern border. On this travel, forget your titles. None of you are those spoiled ladies and nothing more than commoners. From here you will come to me to sleep, eat and even piss."

Many of those who'd been escorted flinched and some who were on the otherside obviously from clans who'd been convicted for their sons choices in joining the coup wailed out.

He trotted his horse towards the gates. "Beyond the gates are your men, don't blame me for their appearance. I don't care. They fall you carry them; they grow sick you heal them. If they die, toss them."

His cold words even made Yuechan stiffen and once again she felt that there were hidden knives in his words. Forcing herself to remain calm she listened to what he had to say patiently.

Once Muchen had finished he looked over the women who'd been sent and saw that many wore looks of either fear or forced calm. Pleased that none had stirred up trouble, he gave a short nod and turned his horse and waved to the man near the gates.

The soldiers moved forward and opened the gates so that they could walk through along with the other escort guards.

As the woman were forced to walk through the gates many started sniffling and some pressed their lips together as their tears started to fall. Once misstep by their husbands and sons had damned them and their clansmen to being exiled from home. Many knew this meant there wasn't strong possibility that they would be back in their lives.

Yuechan held her brother close as they passed through the gates her eyes focused on what was ahead. She wasn't one to immerse herself in despair, even with out the space as a security blanket she refused to waste any time on emotions for what was already gone.