5. coffee cart

Swiftly, emerald leaves began to turn shades of crimson and copper, eventually making their descent, dwindling down to the floor. The aurora sun began to cool, leaving behind a chill in the air; summer had begun to say its final goodbyes, allowing for autumn to take its place, and eventually winter.

The first semester of the third year at Yale progressed as fast as the changing seasons; one moment Audrey was moving into her apartment, the next it was almost Christmas.

Adorned in hats and scarves, only a few at Yale were making the most of the crisp mornings, Audrey and Celine included.

Ellie would've joined but she saw it was before eight in the morning and scowled; she only knew that time existed when she pulled drunken all nighters, she hasn't woken up that early since high school.

So, that left Audrey and Celine to walk the frosty courtyard of Yale where they served the best coffee on campus, both of them in desperate need for caffeine if they wanted to survive the next hour or so in lectures.

As they approached the cart, they saw two figures already there. Audrey immediately recognised the back of one Rory Gilmore, and subtly nudged Celine who was yet to know who she was. A small look of realisation spread across the Brits face

Eventually, Rory turned around, ready to head to class, only to be met with Audrey and Celine huddling together in the bitter cold.

"Hi Audrey," she spoke politely, not wanting to seem like a complete ass hole in front of Paris and Audrey's friend.

Smiling back, Audrey moved to the front of the cart, ordering her and Celine's coffee. Just as she was about to pay, a hand stopped her, muttering the words "allow me," confusing Audrey. That was until she looked up and was met with a set of familiar blue eyes.

"Logan! Oh my god you're here!" Audrey spoke, engulfing her boyfriend in a hug, the first one in many months.

"Thought I would surprise you, I'm back home for the holidays," he replied, whispering in her ear as they slowly separated, his arm still around her shoulders.

"Hi Logan," spoke Celine as she grabbed the two coffees from the cart behind the couple, and paying for them as the love birds were too caught up in each other to actually pay.

"Hi Ceecee, how have you been?" Logan questioned, a small conversation starting between the two.

"So, I guess that's the boyfriend my grandma was talking about," inferred Rory.

"Yeah that's Logan," she replied. When his name was said he turned around, his arms finding their way back to her shoulders.

"Hi, I don't believe we have met, Logan Huntzberger," he spoke, sticking his hand out for Rory and her friend to shake.

"Um, hi, I'm Rory Gilmore, and this is Paris Geller," she replied hesitantly. Paris muttered a quick 'hi' before getting another coffee to warm her up.

"Gilmore, as in the Hartford Gilmore's?" he questioned, not wanting it to seem suspicious that he was trying to figure out if this was his girlfriends younger sister.

"Yeah, Richard and Emily, I'm their granddaughter."

"Ah, your grandparents are good people, tell them I said 'hi'," Logan spoke. He then began to guide Audrey back to her apartment, her classes becoming a distant memory.

----------

"Ellie we're home!" Celine bellowed, wanting to wake the sleeping beauty in the next room as the couple made their way to the couch, taking off their winter coats that protected them from the outside chill.

"That was quick," Ellie spoke, walking from her bedroom, a bowl of cereal in her hand. "Logan, you're home! Is Colin back?"

It was no secret that Eloise and Colin had something going on, even if they said it was only a summer fling. Everyone can tell they miss each other.

"Yeah, he's with his parents for the holidays," replied Logan, a smirk creeping onto his face when he saw the dazed look in her eyes.

After the small conversation, Audrey and Logan went to her bedroom to have a proper catch up and watch '10 things i hate about you', one of her favourite film's.

"I'd do Heath Ledger," spoke Audrey randomly, Logan immediately agreeing with her.

It's Heath ledger.

Who wouldn't do him.

"So, I met Rory back there, I take it she doesn't know you are sisters?" questioned Logan once the movie was over, his arms wrapped around her waist with her neck buried in his shoulder.

"Nope, Lorelai won't tell her and I don't think it's my place to do that," replied the girl, a sullen look in her eyes.

"Hey, how about after Christmas why don't we go to Martha's Vineyard for New Years?" He spoke, wanting to make her feel better and forget about the situation.

"Sure, can my dad come? I was planning on spending New Years with him before you came home?" She replied.

"Of course, Sunny," he spoke, kissing her lips softly, his hand tipping her chin up to she was facing him.

The couple lay around for the rest of the day, Audrey's classes forgotten about as the next movie played, and the one after that, and the one after that, until they fell into a deep sleep, holding each other like they would never let go.

PAIGE SPEAKS:

GUYS MY ERAS SHOW IS IN 2 WEEKS OMG. and she just sang the way i loved you. i'm selling my tickets xxxxx

sorry it's short but i felt like i had to put something out cos it's been a while lols <3

also thank you all so much for 2k reads it means the world to me 🤍🤍🤍