𝟥𝟦 | mauve headband

i wrote you 186 letters in hopes you'd say a word to me .

↳ currently playing ;; ♫[ so highscool ] - [ taylor swift ]↺       <<          ll          >>     ⋮≡ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ: ————•

[ so highscool ] - [ taylor swift ]
↺       <<          ll          >>     ⋮≡
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ: ————•

𝓐wkward silence plagued the air as I try to find the words to say to him, it's not exactly easy considering the fact we haven't said a word to each other in six months. He almost feels unreal standing side by side next to me. I cleared my throat as a sign for him to initiate the conversation since he did drag me out here; My mind wanders in all the possibilities of why he wanted to speak to me. The icy air wasn't helping my nervous system.

"How have you been." He says in a low tone, it sounded like it took a lot of courage out of him to spit it out.

"Good, and you?"

"Great."

"Good."

This was very unusual, back then we'd bicker and bicker endlessly, I wanted to tell him so many things, ask him so many questions. But my mind is currently a blank slate at the moment and I'm trying to find the right words to say to him.

"You haven't changed." He said in a little chuckle, I look at him for a second my face scrunching.

"What made you say?" I asked genuinely, I heard different from Robaire otherwise.

"Like yeah sure you look like a common Parisian now but the way you act is still on brand Y/n. I'm glad you haven't changed that about you. I admire your authenticity." I wasn't exactly sure why he's spouting words. It seems like he's also struggling to fill the void between us.

"Saying I don't act like a Parisian is a little insulting when I've worked really hard to fit in here you know." I jokingly replied, he chuckles.

"I meant it in a good way, you stand out. If you were in a crowd of other French women you'd catch my eye in an instant, even if we were strangers." He replied, and I'm nit exactly sure what to say to that so I stayed silent.

    We walked past a friend group arguing, I wasn't exactly sure what they were arguing about but they were loud and obnoxious.

   "You know what I miss about Canada." I started and he just hums to let me know that hes listening. "The forced kindness of the people there, you could be taking a walk and you'd be greeted with a Good Morning! random people telling you to have a good day, everyone in Paris is so broody and rude." I acknowledged and he hums again.