Chapter 3: Romeo And Juliet

"Do do do do

Please don't judge me

Before you now me

Take a deeper look

And start to think, think, think

I am me

And nothing will change me

Nothing nothing nothing

No nothing nothing nothing....

Knock knock!

My eyes went wide as I stopped singing and playing my guitar.

"I'm here to work on our project."

Crap. Chase. I forgot about him.

"One second!" I panicked.

I sat my guitar down and started running around my room. I threw my jumper on, put my glasses on and grabbed my beanie. I started stuffing my hair into my beanie as I walked towards the door then opened it.

I opened the door wider and directed Chase to come on into my room but as he walked past me, he stopped.

"You missed a bit." He whispered in my ear and he tugged on a strand of my loose hair.

I quickly spun around to fix it. Chase walked over to my bed and sat down.

"Nice room, huge house." Chase said

"You've been here before." I shrugged

"Never near your room though, I like it." He told me

"Ok listen, you and I don't get on so how about I do all the work on the project and you take half the credit. That way we don't have to spend a painful amount of time together." I offered

"Thanks for the offer but I'll pass. I'm actually pretty smart you know and I'm sure you're not the worst company." He smirked.

"Your friends beg to differ." I crossed my arms

"Well they're not me. Now what are we doing our project on?" He smiled.

"Romeo and Juliet." I told him.

"Uck that's so depressing, let's change it." He said

"We can't change, we were assigned it." I laughed at him. "And it's not depressing, it's romantic. It's one of my favourite books ever."

"I've never read it." He shrugged.

I walked over to my book shelf where there was hundreds of books. I picked our Romeo and Juliet and threw it to him.

"I hate reading." He moaned.

"Just read it." I told him.

He set the book down then started walking around my room, examining it. He picked up a photo of me and Jake when we were about twelve and I was made to dress girly.

"So...you're a brunette?" He asked me

"What did you think I was?" I asked.

"Black head." He replied

As Chase examined my room, I examined him. He was very good-long with luscious blonde hair and ocean blue eyes. He looked a bit like a young Alex Pettyfer.

He walked to my closet where he spotted then dress my mum had laid out for me to wear this morning.

"Why don't you wear this?" Chase smirked then noticed my other nice clothes. "Or any of these?"

"I don't like being what people want me to be." I shrugged. "We should really start our project now."

"Ok, where do you we start?" He asked, flopping down on my bed.

"Research on the author, Shakespeare." I replied.

"Ok I'll start the research if you take off your hat." He smirked.

"No" I snapped.

Not a chance would I take my hat off for him, he's just trying to get under my skin.

"Fine then." He folded his arms.

I didn't need his help anyway. I grabbed my laptop and sat at my desk. Chase was just staring at me which I didn't like. Five minutes in I couldn't take it anymore.

"Fine! You win!" I sighed.

I slowly took off my beanie and let my hair fall down my back. Chase's eyes went wide as he stared at my hair. He jumped off the bed, walked over to me and started playing with my hair.

"Look at all this hair! Why the hell would you want to hide all this?" He asked me.

"I hate it." I said brushing his hands away from my hair.

"Why? You should leave it down for school, you would turn quite a few heads!" He exclaimed.

"I don't want to" I told him. "Now help me."

"No, now the dress." He smirked.

"No way!" I told him.

Chase was really pushing it, first my hair and now my clothes, that's too far.

"The dress." He said then whipped his phone out and took a picture of me. "Or this picture of your lovely hair goes all around the school."

He had me there. I hate this boy. I stood up anyway, pushed him out of my way, grabbed the dress and a pair of matching heels then went into my connecting bathroom to change. One minute later I was changed and looked like a different person all together.

My hand was shaking as I turned the door knob and opened the door. Chase spun around as I walked into my room. I kept my eyes closed and my head down because I didn't want to see his reaction. I felt him take my glasses off then he titled my chin up. I opened my eyes to lock eyes with Chase, my blue eyes glued to his.

"You're beautiful." He whispered to me.

Beautiful? I haven't been called that in well, I don't think I've ever been called beautiful, not that I can remember.

"I think you should go now." I said, looking away from Chase.

"But-

"Please go." I begged him.

He nodded, grabbed Romeo and Juliet and left my room without a word....