Chapter 2: Change

"Who called you?" Asks Chorong as she cuts up the fruit for SungJae.

"I don't know. I know but I don't" He says thinking back at the shortest phone call he's ever gotten.

The next few days Chorong would invite herself over and SungJae would always be happy to have her there but his parents would hate every minute she was there. Joy would rarely come as SungJae would always tell her to leave or get out and it would break her heart everytime.

"Babe. I'm glad you came today. I'm tired so I'm gonna sleep early tonight. Come back tomorrow. My parents told me Joy was coming and I need you here" Says SungJae to Chorong who was packing to leave.

"SungJae. As much as I love you I'm not a homewrecker and I can't force you to love me when I know you love Joy. Look because of your condition you don't see it but she's the one" Explains Chorong sincerely. He looks at her in amazement and scoffs.

"My parents even got you into this, huh? Look. It's my mind and my decision. If I choose you that's final. I haven't even met her properly" He says as he pecks Chorong on the cheek and she smiles at him in worry and walks out saying Bye.

---- Next day ----

"SungJae. Have you eaten?" Joy asks SungJae who is playing a game on his phone.

"I have. Chorong brought me Potato Soup. My fave" He cheerfully says while moving around to his game.

He hasn't adapted to Joy being there but he doesn't mind her being there either.

"Joy?" He says as he turns the phone off and looks at her.

"Yeah?" She responds.

"How did we meet? And if it is true that were a couple then what about Chorong" He asks bluntly.

"Well.. we were actually going to go there next week but I don't know anymore" Says Joy sounding upset.

"Go where?" He questions.

"There. If that doesn't bring back your memories then I decided that...." She trails off before finishing her sentence. SungJae watches her as her head drops to the ground and tears begin to fall. He reaches across to her with open arms automatically then freezes inches away from her head.
What am I doing?
He says in his mind as he sits back straight confused. His body took over him as if he was meant to do that and hug her and say something but he didn't know why.

"SungJae~~" Cheers Chorong from the door as she skips into the room.

"Joy. You're here" She says as she sits on the bed beside SungJae who's looking at Joy.

"My goodness! Look at your hair. Come here" Says Chorong as she grabs his head and tries fixing his hair but he moves around avoiding her. They laugh in happiness and play around with each others hair.

Joy looks up and the feeling of emptiness and jealousy hits her.
That should be me
She cries in her mind and looks away then leaves the room.

SungJae gets suprised and stands up to follow Joy but Chorong stops him.

"Where are you going? Sit down. The doctor said you need rest. Do you want something?" Asks Chorong.

SungJae still looking at the door confused at what he's doing, tries to control himself.
Where am I going? Why do I want to follow her?
He looks at Chorong who seems to know what hes thinking and moves aside.

"It's your instinct. You feel like you want to go after her, don't you SungJae?" She says in seriousness.

Why does he feel sorry towards Chorong? But why is it the longer he stands there the further Joy gets and somehow.. he doesn't want to let go. What is this? Just a few minutes ago he didn't want anything to do with her and now.. now what?