19. He is confusing

Shubman's pov

After I realized I had been doubting Ishan for no reason, I just decided to freshen up and then headed downstairs to make breakfast. Once breakfast was prepared, I called Ishan and we ate breakfast in silence. It all felt too weird since usually Ishan would be chattering away and I'd be quietly listening to him with a smile on my face. The silence felt unfamiliar, it wasn't uncomfortable but it just didn't sit right with me. I observed that Ishan hadn't looked at me once.

Ishan had avoided me throughout breakfast and after he was done, he just got up excusing himself and left. Super weird. He hadn't once insisted on washing the dishes today. We used to argue about that everyday single day, with me winning in the end, because let's just admit, I was extremely persuasive. I guess he finally got tired of the same argument daily and just left today wanting to avoid it. It was all too confusing though.

Around noon, Rish came to our house to train Ishan and that is when it struck me. I was supposed to start training Ishan again today, since I had been completely healed now, but I had forgotten to mention about it to Rish and thus here he was.
"Rish, you can go back. I'll be training him today."
"WHAT?"
"What?"

"You couldn't tell me this before? I literally dragged my ass out of bed early in the morning just to come here and train him."
"It's noon Rishabh."
"Yes exactly, so if I'm here at noon imagine what time I had to wake up."
"If you're here without breakfast, I'd say about 15 minutes earlier max and if you're here after eating breakfast then I'm gonna say you woke up half an hour ago."
"EXACTLY, I woke up HALF AN HOUR ago."

"WELL WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU WAKING UP SO LATE ANYWAYS? DON'T YOU HAVE ANY WORK TO DO?"
"Don't yell at me."
Rishabh said making his pathetic excuse of a puppy dog face.
"They were just planning for the mission and stuff and they said I had no brain, so instead of disturbing them, I should just stay out of it."
I just nodded my head, since it made a lot of sense. No one wanted Rishabh's pathetic excuse of ideas anyways.

He also does stupid stuff when he's bored and trust me he would get bored instantly if people talk sense in front of him, so I can understand why he was told to stay out of it.
"Aren't you gonna tell them off? Tell them I give good ideas."
"Get out."
"What?"
"You don't have any work here anymore, I'll train Ishan, so GET. OUT."

"Yall are so mean."
He grumbled under his breath but I had heard it as he let himself out. I just rolled my eyes at that. Dramatic mf.
I decided to let Ishan take his time, since I knew he would come down for his training in a bit.
"Is Rishu here?"
"He was here, he just left."
"What? Why?"
He looked at me all confused.
"I'll be training you from today."

"What? No!"
"No?"
"You aren't completely fine yet, you could get hurt-"
"Trust me. I'm okay. I'll be training you from today and that's final."
Ishan just nodded his head and made his way to our personal gym, in the mansion. Our training was pretty normal today. He still couldn't defeat me, despite him getting immensely better and me not having trained for about a month.

He had come really close to defeating me though and I had felt nothing but pride. He was doing so well. At this rate, he could actually be a secret weapon for us, instead of a liability.
"You did really well today Ish. You're almost as good as me now. Keyword 'almost'."
I said with a big smile on my face, praising him but also teasing him a bit. That's just how our usual conversations went, always with a hint of teasing.

Ishan smiled back, but the smile didn't reach his eyes. It was clearly fake and he didn't look half as excited as me for having improved so much. My smile dimmed aswell and I eyed him curiously.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing."
"Then why don't you look excited?"
"Well... because I haven't defeated you yet. There's no use of improving unless I get good enough to defeat you, no?"

"Ish... you were really close to doing so, even today. I'm sure you'll defeat me easily one of these days."
"Yeah."
Ishan left saying that and I sighed loudly wondering what was wrong with him. He didn't sleep in my room that day and I wondered what had changed suddenly, because this was the first time we hadn't slept in the same bed in a month. Was it because we had sex?

I tried not to ponder over that thought too much but without the warm presence of Ishan, next to me, I barely got any sleep in.
The next day, I went to the warehouse with Ishan, as we were going to rescue Abd bhai day after tomorrow and I needed to discuss and go over the plans. Ishan trained with Rishabh since I was busy and after getting back to the mansion he resigned to his room. I found myself in bed with an empty space next to me, for the second time in a row.

I woke up feeling extremely exhausted due to the lack of proper sleep and the overthinking, due to Ishan's recent behavior, mixed with the upcoming mission's stress. I had to get myself together though, the mission was taking place tomorrow and there could be no mistakes, or everyone's life would be in danger, especially Abd bhai's. I freshened up and saw Ishan already awake and preparing breakfast, when I went into the kitchen.

He looked tired aswell. He had bags under his eyes, I didn't know what was going on with him, but when I asked, he looked like he didn't want to talk about it and so I dropped it, for now. I'd talk to him after the mission. I went to the gym, for his training session and he looked like he didn't want to train today, and honestly if he had asked me for a day off, I would've happily complied, since I myself didn't have the energy, but he didn't say anything.

When he started training he looked distracted and tired.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine."
"Okayyy, just try to focus for now. You'll get tomorrow off anyways."
"Why?"
"We're going on a mission. So there will be no one to train you."
Ishan suddenly had a determined look on his face and before I could question it, we started training again.

He suddenly felt stronger than me, I don't know if it was because I was tired today or if I hadn't trained for awhile or if it was just that he had suddenly gotten stronger. I couldn't comprehend his moves all of a sudden, he was faster and stronger and he pinned me to the floor in no time.

________________________________________

Did I just update because I got a laat on my ass? Yes, yes I did.