Chapter - 15

JENNIE'S POV:

“Why is she taking so long?”

“Does these two do not know  that office time is over and it is time to go home?”

I have been waiting for Lisa at the office parking lot for awhile sitting in my car, but madam is busy talking to my assistant Nancy.

It's been a week since Lisa came into my life. Although we had a lot of differences when we met, but after knowing the truth that day, I apologized to Lisa and asked for a chance to prove myself, which she gave me and for which I will always be thankful to her. As per my promise, I took care of her and tried my best to make her comfortable with me. I was successful in winning her trust due to which she gradually started opening up to me and in the we became friends.

Despite this, I have not told her yet that I know her before, that we have a past together. It's not that I don't want to tell her the truth, I'm just……   It’s just I am afraid of the consequences that will come after revealing the truth to Lisa.

What will she think of me after knowing the truth that I have hurt her in the past?

She lost her life because of me.. What if she started hating me? what will I do?

Sorry but right now I neither have the courage to tell Lisa the truth nor the ability to bear the consequences. I just want to spend some times with Lisa without any worries and fears. That’s why I decided not to told her anything yet or to anyone else. I want her for myself.

“Why is it taking Lisa so long to say a simple goodbye?”I mumble.

“There's no need to be so impatient, Lisa is just socializing with her coworkers.”

Although Lisa always wears a mask on her face, still whenever we leave the house, I have a fear that someone might recognize her and her truth will come out in front of everyone. That’s why ignoring the taunts of my mind, I take out my phone and message Lisa.

“[Hey]”

[I know of a restaurant that is very famous for hotpot, I think we should go there for dinner today. What do you think?]

Since Lisa neither knows about food nor how to cook, she requested me for help. So I suggest her that if she wants, she can eat food with me from now on and if she needs anything, anytime she can ask me.   So I know how to get Lisa's attention.

After sending this message to Lisa,  I sit comfortably in my seat and start the countdown. 

10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
And before I can finish counting, My car door opens and an excited Lisa sits next to me saying, “ Let’s go! Let’s go!”

Seeing her, I burst out laughing and says, “on hearing about food, you get excited and come to me like a dog comes to his master after hearing his voice.”

“Excuse me, did you just call me a dog? ” Lisa asks me, sounding offended.

“No, I was just saying that you are very cute… Like a dog.” I explain.

First leans towards her seat and after making herself comfortable, she says “Yeah, I know that I am cute but…… if you don't feed me quickly, this cute dog will bite you.”

“Well, if that's the case then I should quickly take you to the restaurant.”

“Yes. Hurry up!”

“Yahhh! Don’t  yell and wear your seat belt first.”

“Ok master!”

And with that we burst out laughing.