Stranded. "The girl and boy." chapter 4.

Earlier then usual Mark woke up with a different kind of hangover. Not sure if it was the conversation him and Danielle had last night or the drinks. 

Mark walked to the bathroom to wash his thoughts away with cold clean sink water.  Jen though was the first thing he saw.  She looked hungover but it didn't stop her from talking to him. 

"I wanted to talk to you.  Are you busy?" Jen asked him.

"Well I was planning on waking up.  Can you wait a few while I get cleaned up?"  Mark asked.

"If its before everyone wakes up yes.  I'll be waiting in your room."  She said walking towards his bedroom. 

Mark was going to stop her but he just brushed it off and got cleaned up.

What does she want so early? He thought while washing his face.  He took his time hoping to avoid her.  But she was right at the door when he came out.

"Are you ready?"  Jen asked him while holding on his arm. 

"I guess I am.  Where are we going?"  He asked following her lead.

" We can talk outside.  Hurry.  I dont want anyone to know were talking."

He went with her outside. Mark sat down grabbing on to his throbbing head.  Jen came up to him and kneels down in front of him.

"Were you talking to Danielle last night after we went to bed?" She asked him.

"I'm surprised you're up this early with all the drinking you did."  He said giggling.  Avoiding her question.  

"Mark.  Really did you?"  She continued to ask.

"I guess.  She was around.  We had words.  Nothing great.  What, is Ron mad I talked to his sister?  I didn't hit on her.  Whats the big deal?"  He asked.

"No.  I was wondering. She likes to say things that are... lies.  I don't want you to think anything bad about us.  So she didn't mention anything?" 

"Anything like what?"  Mark asked becoming curious. 

"Anything.  Did she say something about me or any of us?"  Jen asked. 

"I don't get it.  Why are you asking me this?  What could she say? Is she a psycho or something? Do I need to send you guys off?  I let you guys stay here.  Don't get me wrong, you guys paid your way.  No doubt about that.  But I don't want no problems.  Danielle didn't tell me jack.  I talked to her about my brother.  She listened.  She wouldn't tell me anything personal.  I asked about her love life, she asked about mine.  I answered she kinda answered. 

I don't know.  I was drinking too.  We didn't kiss, we didn't screw and we didn't get married.  Is there more to this 'asking' then I am being told?"  Mark asked while rocking his legs back and forth. 

"I don't know.  I am just making sure she doesn't do anything stupid. So we don't have any problems.  I'm sorry if I made you mad.  Ron doesn't need to know we talked or you guys were talking.  So if he asks just say she went to bed with us.  OK."  Jen said.

"Wow." Mark said giving a fake laugh.  "I don't get it.  So when do you guys plan on leaving?"  Mark asked looking Jen right in the face. 

She didn't answer. 

She looked away.  Mark started to feel bad.  He didn't want to change his mind about what he said.  But if she didn't say something soon he might take back his comment.