CHAPTER 8

Drithi's POV

As soon as 'HE' leaves my room, I feel tears rolling down my cheeks. He is here, right in front of me and still my stupid heart didn't allow me to confront him for whatever he did. I wanted to slap him, shout at him, push him away like he did to me, but at the same time breakdown in his embrace to soothe the pain in my heart. I hate myself more than anyone for being so vulnerable. I hate him, don't I? Then why am I being affected by his presence?

How dare he even try to talk to me, after everything he did? He left me and now wants me back. Am I his personal toy to discard or embrace whenever he wishes to. I know about Nirmala aunty; she will definitely create a mess. But what about me? How will I even be close to him ever again. I want to push him from the top floor right now, for putting me in such a situation. And how dare he say we are going to perform the same song, we always loved?

My head started aching and I look at my hands to see the mehendi just drying. I open the washroom door with a bang and immediately wash my hands. I don't want the mehendi, I don't want to be anywhere close to him, I don't want anything that reminds me of him, but every time I end up being surrounded by something related to him. I wipe my hands and go downstairs with the plate of food which 'He' brought for me.

I take the plate to Rani Kaki and ask her if she had her dinner; when she replied that she didn't yet, I handed her the plate and walked back to where everyone is now gathered. D and her brother noticed that I already washed my hands but chose to be silent. I walked to Darsh, who was pacing a little away from everyone, while talking or rather shouting angrily on call.

When he ends the call, I gently ask him, "What happened, Bhaiya? Why do you look so worried and who was it on the call?" He shakes his head and says, "Nothing Dri, I just planned a surprise for Diya in tomorrow's Sangeeth. You know right, I never really proposed her as our parents fixed our engagement and wedding dates even before I could ask her to marry me in a perfect proposal. Though she doesn't complain about it, I know she wished for a romantic proposal always. I ordered this beautiful diamond ring and asked them to specifically bring it here, but due to last minute inconvenience they won't be able to deliver it and are asking to pick it. It literally takes two hours to reach from here and I am disappointed that I can't propose her as planned."

I felt bad for him and immediately suggested, "What if I go and pick it for you instead?" He looked at me with a happy glint in his eyes and asked, "Really? Do you think you will be able to go there? I know it is in the very last minute, and don't want you to be strained with the whole journey." I smiled at him and said, "Now why do you think I can't do such a small thing for my only brother, let me just go change and come. Also inform mom and dad, don't want them to be worried noticing that I've gone missing."

As I was about to leave to change, he stopped me and said, "Dri, wait. I don't want you to go alone. Take Dhruv with you." I look at him with agony in my eyes and in a confusion laced tone ask him, "Do you really want me to do that, bhaiya? Why is everyone hell bent on hurting me more and more?" He holds my hand and says, "Dri, I don't mean to hurt you, but I don't want you to go alone at this time." I shake my head and say, "I will take your driver." He sighs and says, "He went home already Dri, he will be back tomorrow morning again. And I don't trust the new drivers we hired for the wedding."

"So, you trust only your best friend, who haughtily left me a couple of years ago, bhaiya. Just great," I taunt angrily. "Dri, please try to understand. Even if it is mom, I would have sent Dhruv along. "I don't want to be worried about you every minute till your return. Also, mom dad will be really worried if they get to know you went alone. Please, either go with him or don't go at all," he said with a finality in his voice.

As if on cue 'HE' came towards us and asked, "What happened, Darsh? Is everything ok?" My brother kept looking at me and I removed my hand from his hold and inform him, "I will wait in the parking lot," and left to my room without any other word. Why did 'HE' even return today. Just one day and I seem to be already having a never-ending headache. I quickly change into a white halter-neck sleeveless kurta and black pencil-cut jeans. I tie my hair into a sleek ponytail and walk to the parking lot after grabbing my handbag and mobile.

LOVE'S RESILIENCEजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें