Chapter 7

Since Team A won, their reward was that they didn't have to do the evening chores, the instructor announced.

While everyone headed towards their rooms, Astra was still preoccupied with thoughts of the last question.

"You did well, Stardust," Kai said, walking with her. "But you know what? You can't beat the best," he added before leaving.

Enzo and V were disgusted by Kai's comment. "Seriously? This lad is too much," Enzo said, rolling his eyes.

Astra, unaware of what had just happened, continued walking.

**

During the evening chores, Astra and Sylvia decided to take responsibility for helping in the kitchen.

Ethan and Enzo entered the kitchen.

"We need help," Enzo said to them. "Can one of you accompany me to the forest to gather wood for the bonfire?"

"Aren't you both supposed to do that?" Sylvia asked.

"I'm not comfortable going into the forest," Ethan explained.

Seeing an opportunity, Sylvia turned to Astra. "Astra, why don't you go with Enzo?" she suggested.

While walking into the forest, Enzo noticed Astra lost in her thoughts.

"What's the matter with you?" he asked her.

"Nothing," Astra replied.

"You've seemed lost since the quiz. What's troubling you?" he insisted.

"Well, the last question. I didn't get it," Astra admitted.

"I know, it caught us off guard," Enzo agreed.

"Right? I thought I was the only one who thought it was weird," Astra exclaimed.

"Let's just forget about it," Enzo suggested."May I ask you a question?" he inquired.

"Well, technically, you just did." They shared a chuckle before she consented to his inquiry

"Don't get me wrong, but what's the deal with that guy Kai?" Enzo asked, emphasizing the name.

"Nothing," Astra said hesitantly and picked up a stick.

"Leave that," Enzo said. "Drop it, The stick's wet," he said, then started to walk back to camp, leaving Astra behind.

Astra stood there, watching him go, feeling a mix of confusion and curiosity about Enzo's sudden interest in Kai.

Astra heard a sound in the bushes and turned around to check. Suddenly, someone grabbed her by the shoulders and pinned her against a tree. It was Kai.

"You?" Astra said, shocked to see him. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing," Kai replied, mimicking her earlier response to Enzo's question, raising an eyebrow.

Astra realized that Kai had overheard her conversation with Enzo. She tried to act like she didn't know anything. "Leave me," Astra demanded.

"Why? Do I make you feel breathless? Or do I make your heart beat faster?" Kai asked, leaning closer to her. "I do, don't I? I can hear it."

"Move," Astra insisted, trying to deny what Kai was saying.

"Do you get an adrenaline rush whenever you see me? Or do you think about what it would be like to kiss me?" he whispered, grabbing her face and bringing it closer to his.

Astra was got caught up in the moment, but she quickly regained her senses and pushed him away. She started walking back to camp when Kai grabbed her from behind by her waist.

"You do think about me," Kai whispered in her ear.

His deep voice, the warmth of his breath, and his hands wrapped around her waist made her breathless. Astra struggled to get away from him, but Kai turned her around, holding her hand behind her back. She was so close to him that she could hear his heartbeat.

"What are you? No girl has ever resisted me, but you... you're different. I know you crave for me. I can see it in your eyes. I like that," Kai said, tightening his grip as Astra tried to break free.

"I said leave me... Leave!" Astra shouted.

"Let her go!" a strong voice commanded.

It was Enzo.

"It's none of your business, get out of here," Kai snapped at him, turning back to Astra.

Enzo punched Kai in the face, releasing Astra from his hold. She was shocked. The punch left a mark on Kai's face.

"Let's get out of here," Enzo said, grabbing Astra's hand and starting to walk back to camp.

Kai, infuriated, came from behind and hit Enzo. They both got caught up in a heated fight, tumbling down the forest slope together. Even as they fell, they continued to grab each other's collars.

"Leave each other... Leave!" Astra shouted, trying to separate them.

Meanwhile, one of the camp instructors saw them and intervened, forcing them to let go of each other.

"What the hell are you both up to?" the instructor demanded, but got no answer from any of the three.

"Kai, be grateful that your father didn't see this. Otherwise, he wouldn't let this go easily," the instructor said sternly. "Leave now and make sure this doesn't happen again."

Astra walked away first, followed by Kai and Enzo, both walked back to camp in silence, the tension between them palpable.