Chapter 6

It was nighttime, and everyone was gathered around the bonfire, engaged in their own conversations.

Sylvia began to introduce everyone to Astra from afar.

"See the girl with the headphones? That's Sophia. She's an introvert," Sylvia explained to Astra.

"And over there with V, the muscular guy? That's Brian and The girl with them is Matilda; she's the strongest and bravest girl I've ever met."

"What about him?" Astra asked, pointing to the guy with dark green eyes and brown hair.

"Him?" Sylvia replied, taking a long sip of her drink. "He's Kai, the head instructor's son. And the girl with him, that's Enya."

"She's frightening," Enzo interjected, cutting off Sylvia.

"She is," Sylvia agreed, rolling her eyes.

Everyone was called to gather around the fire and instructed to sit in a circle.

"Hello everyone, I'm Dylan, the head instructor of this camp," he said.

He then asked everyone to introduce themselves.

As the introductions began, Astra noticed that Kai was staring at her, making her heart race.

When it was her turn, she felt uneasy because Kai's gaze remained fixed on her.

"I... I'm Astra Bloom, and... and I'm looking forward to spending my summer here," she said hesitantly before sitting back down.

**
The next morning,

Astra woke up and stepped out of her room for some fresh air.

She spotted Enzo and V jogging and they invited her to join, but she declined.

As she was about to head back inside, Kai greeted her with a "Good Morning, Star Dust."

Kai was shirtless and sweaty, which stirred butterflies in Astra's stomach.

It wasn't that she hadn't seen someone shirtless with six-pack abs before, but it was his charm and that deep voice of his that left her speechless every time.

She managed a half-smile in response before retreating indoors.

**
Everyone was getting ready for the day when the bell rang, signaling everyone to gather on the grounds.

As Astra stepped out of her room, she noticed Kai emerging from the one next door. She began walking, pretending not to see him.

Suddenly, he was behind her.

"Hey there," he murmured in her ear.

His deep, warm voice sent a rush of butterflies through her stomach, making her heart race wildly.

**
"Today we're going to test your academic performance-how intelligent you are and how much you remember," Dylan announced.

"Today's task is a rapid-fire quiz. I assume you're all familiar with the format, but it's going to be in two teams, six in each. One person from each team will lift those buckets," he said, pointing to the large buckets.

"Every time your team gives a wrong answer or the opponent team scores a point, the bucket your team member is holding will be filled with some water. If the person lifting the bucket drops it, the game is over and the opponents win."

The teams were asked to select their own members for this first task.

Team A       Team B
- Kai              - Enzo
- Enya            - Astra
- Sophia        - Sylvia
- Brian           - V
- Emma         - Matilda
- Olive           - Ethan