40 The Wedding

Part 40 The Wedding

"I love you Arnavji..." Khushi kissed the phone.

Arnav became a statue for a few seconds. She not only uttered the three magic words but also sent a kiss through a phone. That was the least expected. His face wore a lovely smile.

"Thank you so much Arnavji"

"Khushi, there is nothing to get emotional. It's my responsibility to protect my people. Being a collector, I have been doing that. if it is so, would I be careless in your matter?"

"Anyways, thank you so much"

"Keep the stock of your thankyous... you need it on our wedding day when people wishes you" He said teasingly.

Khushi smiled.

"Are you ready?"

"Mmm"

"For?"

"For everything" came from Khushi without hesitation.

Arnav raised his brows.

"Being a wise woman, you should not give words without thinking. I may take it differently and may become demanding"

"I know you won't demand anything that I can't afford" She replied making him wonder.

"Of course, I won't demand anything that's not up to your strength...but my demand may make you weaker" a naughtiness sparkled in his tone.

"I know how to make my weakness into strength" she sounded confident.

Arnav chuckled softly.

"What happened to you, Khushi, you are talking like a warrior...?" he teased.

"Every woman would become a warrior if she gets a husband like you"

"Relax, ok..." Arnav smiled.

"I'm...! So relaxed..."

"Ok... I think my in-laws came... we will talk later..."

"Mmm"

Arnav disconnected the call and came to the living room. There, Raizadas welcomed Guptas.

"Good morning, Sir" Shashi wished Arnav.

Arnav nodded his head.

"Namaste, Damadji" Garima smiled.

"Namaste, aunty... please take your seat," Said Arnav.

Taking a plate, Garima arranged sweets, fruits, and flowers with an invitation. Guptas extended the plate to Raizadas. They took it from them smilingly.

Arvind took the invitation and gave it to Arnav. He went through it and smiled, seeing the wordings, AVOID GIFTS.

He was thinking about how to avoid gifts from people because people would take them in their favor. He knew no one would do anything without expectations. It was all that would come under give-and-take police. If he got something from them, they would expect him to do something in return. He didn't know how to stop people from gifting him for his wedding. Thank God, his father-in-law was so wise. He lessened his burden.

"Why did you especially mention this?" he asked.

"We are government officers. People know us very well that we never got anything from anyone. Somebody may think they can get our attention by gifting expensive things. To avoid such embarrassment only I mentioned not to bring gifts, sir" Shashi said.

Arnav nodded his head and said,

"It's so helpful for me to get a loyal government worker as my father-in-law"