Numero Veintitres

3rd POV

"Thank you." Maiko bowed her head at the vendor, her arms holding onto the paper bags that contained supplies she was told to buy. Using her foot, she slightly kicked the door open, quickly leaving the store as she tried looking inside the paper bags, making sure she had everything. As the moonlight shine down and the star glimmered above, only the light from the lamp post was her way for her sight to see anything. 

Quietly walking, nearing the school field  where she was supposed to drop the supplies, the lamp post flickered, dogs barking around her as she suddenly felt this uneasy tension. 

"fuck.." Maiko cursed under her breath. Feeling paranoid as she tried walking faster. Just when she was out in the dark as the lamp post above her lost it's light, A sound of a twig breaking rang thru her ear. She quickly whip her head around, trying to see who or what made that sound. 

The light turn back on as she turn her head back to the front only for her eyes to open wide at the person infront of her. The Unknown grabbed Maiko by the throat, tackling the female down as maiko panicked, trying to push away and defend herself. Her heart beated faster as the adrenaline in her blood was helping her slightly. As she managed to successfully kick the unknown away, she stumbled to stand up, her breathing shallow but during that time, the unknown had used the opportunity to stab Maiko in the back. 

A loud screech came out of the bleeding female, falling down the ground as the unknown gazed down. The unknown sat on the female, turning her around as she mercilessly stab the screaming, weak and defenseless lady. 

' someone... anyone... chiharu... it hurts.'

Stab after stab, it was slowly taking maiko to unconsciousness, she pleaded to god, she pleaded to kisaki, even to y/n to atleast be in the area to help her. As her last breath hitched, The unknown left the knife on the lifeless female's chest. 

Slowly fleeing the scene, the unknown threw away it's gloves, scoffing at the blood on their skin.

---

"m-miss shinju... what do we do? m-maiko died..." Chiharu mumbled softly, her face pale as she fidgets with her fingers. when she heard no response from the other, she spoke again.

"S-shouldn't we visit her? someone must've killed her shinj-"

"She was useless anyway." Shinju rolled her eyes, playing with her phone as chiharu looked at shinju dumbfounded. "w-what?" Chiharu asked in disbelief. "what? it's true. Whoever killed that bitch must've seen she had no purpose in this world." Shinju laughed a little, shaking her head.

"she wouldn't have died if you didnt ask her to buy those supplies.." Chiharu furrowed her eyebrows. "Yeah and she didn't even get the supplies here before getting killed. talk about stupidity." Shinju raised her head, her eyes laying onto chiharu's frozen state.

As Shinju started to talk more, chiharu's eyes went blank, her anger filling up as her hand balled into a fist. The more she heard shinju's talk about maiko, the more she felt her anger boiled. 

"I mean, how hard was it to run and kick someone away? Useless piece of shit to be honest-"

"shut up."

Shinju stopped her words, turning to chiharu with a raised eyebrow. "excuse me? what the fuck did you just say?"

"SHUT UP!!" Chiharu yelled again. "Just shut up! All of this is because of you! you could've just stopped attacking y/n who did nothing wrong to you but no, you just had to be a jealous, snotty, lowclass bitch who has nothing to do in her life but get revenge and get others into trouble. Maiko wouldn't have died if you had just shut the hell up, sat down and find your true soulmate instead of running and trying to have someone you can't!!" 

Shinju's eyes widened. As chiharu kept pointing at shinju, her tears continuously fell down her cheek. "Maiko shouldn't have died. it should've been YOU!" Chiharu yelled out as shinju stood there. As chiharu panted as her breath was out from the lash, shinju clapped her hand slowly.

"are you done?" Shinju's laugh went from a small to a hysterical one as chiharu looked baffled, she knew shinju had lost her mind. Shinju stepped towards chiharu with a smile as chiharu quickly ran out of the room they were in. Her sweat dropping as shinju watched her run away.

Chiharu scaredly ran towards the first person she saw. 

"y/n!" She cried, engulfing them in a tight hug. Confused, y/n wrapped their arm around the female, noticing she was shaking. "what happened?" Y/n asked as sanzu slightly pushed chiharu away, cautious of her. 

"what're you doing hugging y/n?" Kazutora furrowed his eyesbrows as mitsuya pulled y/n behind him. "Please..p-please protect me from her I can't do it." Chiharu felt herself burst out from crying as y/n looked at the direction she ran from, making eye contact with shinju.

The two stared down at each other, before y/n quickly grabbed chiharu's arm, pulling her away as even draken cautiously shielded shinju's sight of y/n.

Akane peeked to see who chiharu was afraid of as she saw a glimpse of shinju leaving. Akane raised an eyebrow, suddenly feeling her head hurt as seishu worriedly look at his sister.

"nee-san, what happened?" Seishu asked as akane frowned. "I think my memory is hazy, but shinju really does look familiar to me." She mumbled as seishu tilted his head. As seishu was about to speak, nahoya called them out.

"hey, let's go. Y/n said we should talk to chiharu." 

Akane and seishu nodded, following nahoya as akane tried to push away the voices in her thoughts, not understanding anything as her gut feeling was trying to tell her something.

'it was her, akane.'