Divorced Frenemies (1.)

Hello...

~

You were sitting in the break room, sipping your Lavender tea that was aiding the nauseous feeling you had all day. As you were enjoying the tea, you heard the voice of your boss behind you. "Y/N, I really need you to send the final paper of the project. We'll be presenting it at the ball in three days."

You groaned as you turned around in your seat, you looked at the older woman with a small smile on your face. "Good morning to you as well." You replied. Mrs. Oakley was a stern woman who was an executive in the company . She was insanely quick and always rushed everyone else. You didn't quite like her but then again, what could you do about it?

"And what of the Benson family? Where do we need to meet again?" She asked and you set down your teacup.

"We'll meet them at a Korean restaurant on the outskirts of Manchester." You told her and she sighed.

"Why are we driving to another city? They don't even live here, they should come to us." She complained.

"Concord isn't that far from Manchester, we'll be there in half an hour." You told Mrs. Oakley who sighed again.

"Look, just remember that we'll be there by 8. Also, Mr. Benson likes sweets, bring some if you want this deal to fall through." Mrs. Oakley said before leaving the room.

You finished your tea before leaving the room. You left the room and walked down the silent halls of the company. Everyone usually left the building for lunch, but you stayed so you could finish work earlier. You got to the double doors that hosted your designing and editing team. You opened the door and walked inside, the place was completely empty. 

You smiled as you walked to your desk and sat down, the place was quiet and calm. You opened your computer and began to edit the details of the project that was going to be presented in three days time. 

"Miss Hanma!" You heard an irritating voice yell. You rolled your eyes before looking up from the computer.

"I told you to call me Ms. Belvin, Belvin is my last name." You corrected the hyper girl who nodded. 

"I'm sorry! But guess what!? I just realized that we should definitely add this beautiful animation to the presentation." She opened her phone and showed you her personal design.

"Hailey, this is an animation of unicorns." You said to the energetic girl who smiled. 

"Precisely, our new clothing brand is going to target the younger audience as well. I think it'd be better if we could add something more kid-like for the kids who'll be at the ball." She said and you raised an eyebrow.

"I'll consider it, try editing it in the kids section of the catalog and I'll see how I feel about it." You said to Hailey who clapped before leaving the room.

"What an odd girl." You mumbled before continuing to work on the project.

~

You unlocked the door to your apartment and walked inside. With a heavy sigh, you kicked off your heels and threw your purse on the floor. You flopped onto the couch and grabbed the remote. Flipping through the channels, you finally found the channel you wanted.

You watched the people argue on Divorce Court, all you could do is shake your head in shame. When you were married to that bastard, you loathed him and all you two did was argue. Marriage was probably the worst decision you had ever made. Marriage and loyalty were two things that weren't fit for everyone.