8.) Computer

I entered the door that led me to my room. I was quite curious to see what was behind the door, as Agent Brown spoke of a room instruction. The first thing I saw was black. Complete darkness.

"Where the fuck is the light?"

Suddenly it lit up brightly. I had to close my eyes to avoid going blind. Slowly I opened them again. What I saw was everything but what I had expected. The house may look modern from the outside, but this room looked like time had been rewound. I stood up in front of a railing. To my left was a staircase going down. I looked over the railing. It went down a few feet. In front of me was a large room with bookshelves reaching up to the ceiling. There were two large round windows in the wall in front of me and to my right. In the middle of the room was a large carpet and a sofa. Otherwise the room was empty.

"Am I supposed to crash on the sofa or what?" I rolled my eyes and was about to run down the stairs when I suddenly heard a voice.

"Good evening, Hannah."

I looked around to see if I could spot anyone, but there was no one there.
"Where are you? And who are you?"

The voice spoke again. "I'm not a real person. I am a computer. I'm programmed to help you with your mission. "

I frowned. "I see. And do you have a name computer? Or should I just call you Computer?"

"I haven't been given a name yet, but you can choose one. You can also choose the type of voice I use. Would you prefer me to sound old or young? Or, like just now, have a male voice or would you prefer to work with a female voice in your ear?" answered Computer.

I thought about it. "I think I'll just leave you as you are. But wait a minute. What do you mean by voice in the ear? I thought you could only be heard here."

"Oh no. I'm with you everywhere." I remained silent. "Okay, that sounded a bit stalkerish, I admit," said Computer." I nodded, disturbed.

"Sit on the sofa and I'll explain everything to you," said Computer.

I ran down the stairs and walked slowly to the sofa. I sat down and suddenly a hologram lit up. It looked almost exactly like the one at school with Agent Mueller.

The computer spoke again, "I'm going to explain how to use me and the room." I leaned forward and stared intently at the hologram. It changed and in front of me I saw the first page of -" Are you serious? You're showing me a PowerPoint presentation? Couldn't you have chosen something cooler?"

"Hey, don't judge me. I'm just a computer. So before I was very rudely interrupted here-"

"You didn't even start," I interrupted the computer.

It sounded like Computer was sighing. Can computers sigh? "It's not going to be easy with you. Why do the smart ones always have to be so annoying? The same thing over and over again. Why do I always get them? I don't even want to think about the fact that I-"

"Hey, computer. I'm still here," I said with a huff. I was beginning to think that this fucking computer was more than just a computer.

"Will you let me finish this time?" Computer asked me.

I just raised an eyebrow.

"So let's go again. I'll explain everything about my functions first, then I'll come to your room and then to your resources." I sighed. He's really doing it with that whole presentation. "To take up your question again. Do you see that button on the display of the sofa there? Press it once."

The display was sitting on the back of the sofa and glowing bright blue. I pressed down the button on the display. The front part of the display opened and out came a kind of bracelet.