Chap 38 - Blankness

Kajal just stared at her as she got dressed, "Thank you Kajal for waking me up" Imlie gave strange smirk and then left the room.

"Are sun" She went after her and Imlie turned
"Dinner mein kya khayegi? Lunch toh tu baar karegi na? Apne woh dost ke saath ? Kya naam tha? "
"Arth?" Kajal nodded
"Yes, thanks to him zinda hu" She took her purse and left.

Flashback:

Kajal sighed and small tear escaped. When Imlie had woke up, the brothers and Aryan were outside, they had sent Jeremy and Kajal inside to test if she recognize and as they expected she didnt.

"Where am i? Aur aap log?" Her face look blank but fear was visible in her eyes.
Then Kajal stepped forward and said "You are Imlie and I am Kajal your best friend. Tumhe goli lagi thi"

"Goli? What how? " She looked confused
"We were out and some gang war started and you got hit in the chaos" Kajal said , her hands were in fist she hated lying. She was hating Aryan right now for making her say all this.

Imlie just stared at her and just nodded, she was still looking around. "My family?"
"You dont have anyone. You had an uncle who passed away one week ago. You came from london to mumbai to work here. You have interview in few days" Kajal was talking as per the script by Aryan.

"My head hurts" Arth who was doctor and who was there quickly checked her.

"You need to rest Ms Imlie" Ms Imlie. Imlie nodded nd closed her eyes.

Kajal went out crying and saw Adhyam, Aryan, Rudrang and Angad hugging Aryan who was on his knees.

Kajal angrily went to him and push him "Are you happy? You made me lie! Why? Why?" She held his collar and shook Aryan. But Aryan just stared at her with red eyes , Adhyam removed her hands "Kajal batameezi mat karo!" He yelled

"Batameezi? What about my friend in there? Huh? Uski life ka ahem hisa chin liya! Selfish bastard!" She cursed him.

"Enough Kaju! I will slap you if you say anything to my brother" Adhyam said
"Maro!" She challenged
"Listen"Rudrang jumped in before they both kill each other.

"Kajal please, its not easy for him please understand. He loves her, wife hai uski but he did this for her only. Please try to understand "
"I dont want to listen to anything. Bhaad mein jao tum sab. Adhyam me and you are done too!" She sobbed
"Fine! Its better you said it because i was going to break up with you anyways!" He turned his face away so she cant see him cry. He had to stay strong.

Aryan quietly walked in the room where Imlie was now sleeping. She was in deep sleep, Aryan sat on bed and hugged her. "I am sorry bacha. " His tear fell on her neck.

"I have to do this. I promised your uncle on his deathbed. I also promised myself that tumhe ek kharoch nai aane dunga. Its better you stay away from me. My life is dedicated to my country but you are as important. I cant lose you, After Rehaan i dont have strength to lose anyone. Especially you, you are my breath, my strength and my weakness. I thought i lost you when you got shot 5 times. You are so strong" He kisssed her lips passionately as if it is last time.

"I love you and i will always have eyes on you. But this is for better. Live your life" He caressed her cheeks and looked at her lovingly.

Kajal was standing there and watching everything. She was mad at him but she knew somewhere Imlie and Aryan loved each other so much.  Aryan got up , Imlie hand still in his, he kissed it and closed his eyes. Then when his eyes opened, the aura had changed. Like all the emotions he just showed now all gone. Just blankness. He turned and left ignoring Kajal.

Flashback end.

Arth was Imlie doctor around same age as hers. As she was recovering Arth always talked to her and made her feel better. So thats why after getting discharged she kept contact with Arth. They were now friends. Arth didnt know much of Imlie history and he felt attracted towards her but he kept to himself.

Imlie had interview with Segals industries. She had applied for finance department manager position. As she sat in cab and looked outside she felt emptiness and she felt it ever since she wokeup from her surgery.
A tear escaped but she quickly wiped it.

On other side of Mumbai:

Rao, new head who replaced Randhir (Imlie tauji) was looking serious and was looking at Aryan. Aryan had hard face, no emotion and cold aura.

"You been promoted, you are now agent for intelligence bureau. Their spy their agent. I will miss you my boy" Rao said as he patted Aryan's back.

"When?" Aryan just asked in one word
"First you have to report in Delhi then they have new task/mission for you"
"Hmm"
"Take care!"
"Thanks sir" He got up and saluted and left.

Rao sighed "Bohut takleef ho rahi hogi bache tumhe. You stopped talking only" he shook his head and went back to his chair.

Two months later:

Imlie had passed the interview two months before and now she was a manager and multinational company. She was packing her bag as usual no expression. Arth and Kajal was waiting for her in living room "Imlie jaldi karna" Arth said irritated

"Coming" Arth took the bags and went out. Kajal was sobbing
"Why are you crying my kaju? Mar thodi gai hu! " Imlie usually doesnt joke but today she couldnt she her bestie cry.

"But you are going for six months to different country. Far from here" She hugged her
"I will be back but in 6 months i am not going forever. Now stop crying chal" Kajal nodded.

"I have packed special gobi parathas that you like " Kajal smiled
Imlie kissed her cheeks "Tu na hoti to kya hota" She smiled sadly. Kajal frowned but she shook her head and ignored Imlie statement.

Imlie then waved by and sat in Arth's car.
Arth was nervous today as he was driving he kept tapping on steering wheel which Imlie noticed
"Whats wrong Arth?" She asked
"Will you be my girlfriend?" He blurted suddenly
"Huh? What?" Imlie raised her eyebrow
Arth sighed, he quickly blinked and repeated "My girlfriend? You?" He asked

"Please Arth i dont like joke. And if this isnt joke then i am sorry. Mein pyar kar nai sakti" And she looked out of window.
Arth felt weird by her answer but just asked "Why?"
"Because mujhe pyar nai karna. Suna hai pyaar sirf dard deta hai. " She smiled and looked airport had arrived.

"Meri koi aur manzil hai aur 6 mahine ke liye ab mein wahi ja rahi hu. I am sorry Arth. We are good friends please ye sab mat lao bich mein"

"I respect your decision" Arth smiled and helped her getting her luggage out of trunk.
They said their goodbyes and Imlie entered airport while she was checking her purse "Kaha rakh dia passport" She  didnt realize as she walked with her cart that she crashed the cart into someone.

The guy looked at her , a quick emotion showed and just like that gone.
"Andhi ho ?" He said in rough voice
Imlie looked up and replied " I am so sorry!" She saw his side profile
"Its ok" The man went to same airline counter as her flight was.

Imlie dekh ke chal she said to herself. She felt bad that the cart must really hurt him bad. She wanted to say sorry again.

But the man was in business class line and Imlie her company was sending the manager of their department in premium economy.

"Kanjoos company" She mumbled

After immigration she went to her gate , Flight KL 788 to Belgium.

She sat on chair, and removed her phone. The man who crashed into Imlie sat on opposite end got a message on his phone "Once you reach, Vikas our other agent will pick you up. Remeber you are going their on business trip." As soon he read, the system was such the message got deleted. He smiled.