Hope

Ekam's pov

I was shocked after hearing that her chachu murdered her parents .

" I was passing by chachu's office when I heard him talking to his assistant " She chocked and started narrating
Flashback (1 year ago)
Nehmat

" Sir , even though its been 2 years ,since the murder but the police is still finding evidences " His assistant said surfing through the files on the table.

" I know but don't worry and convey the same to boss . No one will ever find out who murdered Mr. and Mrs. Khaira a.k.a my so called deceased Bhaiya and Bhabhi . " Chachu smirked evily making me stumble in shock and the tray of water I was holding fell down making them aware of my presence as they turned towards me.

" You!" He yelled " what are you doing here? How many times I have told you not to disturb me while I work . " He shouted walking towards me angrily and held my jaw tightly making me wince in pain and suddenly left it pushing me

" why are you still here ! Just leave " He ordered and just when I was about to leave , I was stopped by his cold voice " wait ! You have heard everything so if you go from here and open your tiny mouth ,you will be in great trouble . But you know what , I won't let that happen " He held my wrist tightly and dragged me with him inside his office .

" Ajay!" He called his assistant near him as he sat on his rotating chair .

" Yes sir!" The assistant answered

" Take her with you and torture her as much as you can or do anything you want to , until she becomes unable to say anything ". A gasp escaped my mouth as he tightened his grip on my hand .

" Vese bhi yeh sirf ek bojh thi mere liye , 2 saal se jhel raha hun ese. Acha hai , abb yaha se jayegi yeh " He looked devilishly at me .

" Sir, sorry for objecting , but I have to go out of town for 2 days due to a work given by boss . After coming back I'll surely take her for a few days" His assistant said

" what! Only few days ? Keep for as long as you want . I'll pay you whatever amount you ask for"

" So ,you will sell her to me ?" His assistant smirked evily

" Yes ! I will sell her to you and once you get satisfied, you can sell her to maybe someone else or do whatever you want but just don't bring her back here " Chachu said

" N- no , chachu please ...I don't want to go anywhere " I cried to him but it didn't seem to affect him

" You will speak against me now! " He slapped me hard making me fall on the floor.

" You will regret this " He said dragging me to the store room on the 2nd floor , tied me fast to a chair, both my hands and feet and cloth covering my mouth . I tried to protest but failed .

" You will stay here for 2 days now . Without food and water " He announced and walked out of the room locking the door . I tried to yell or shout for help but could not as only muffled screams came out due to the cloth on my mouth and the more I screamed , the more it became difficult to breathe. Tears pooled in my eyes and my head started to feel dizzy when I heard " Don't dare to help her or it will not be good for you as well " . I figured out that he might be saying this to chachi and soon the voices faded away .

Even after chachu warned chachi not to give me food she tried to help for once but chachu got to know about it and beated her which was not new as he always did whenever he came home drunk. I stayed there for 2 days but I did not go with his assistant as chachi had somehow managed to tell Nani - nanu about it and they came to rescue me and took me with them .

Present
Ekam's pov

She cried miserably as soon as she finished . To say I was shocked would be an understatement . I felt a storm raging and anger coursing in me thinking about how much she went through and her chachu who inflicted so much pain to her. I tried to maintain a calm exterior despite of the turmoil in me so as to offer Nehmat an understanding and comfort she needs and vowed silently that if at all the person who hurt her crosses path with me , I will not hesitate to make him regret what he did or spare any mercy on him .

Her sniffle made my focus drifting to her and seeing her cry ached my heart and I did not realize when my eyes filled with tears. I felt so helpless .
" I understand what you might be going through " I rubbed her back gently to calm her down . She clenched onto my shirt and I found myself wrapping my arms around her . Soon my shirt got soaked with her tears which would be the last thing I would bother about at that time.

I pecked her forhead before lightly placing mine on hers that rested on my chest . After some time I felt her grip loosened as she withdrew herself and murmured a sorry , I shook my head still holding her hands not looking at her , said ,

" I AM sorry for not being there when you needed me the most . I am sorry if you ever felt pressurized or forced because of me . I am sorry for reminding you and making you go through that pain again "

" It was not your fault " I heard her say as I looked up to meet her now red eyes which were once calm .

" Nor was it yours . Then why did you blame yourself for all this . Why did you not let yourself free and not bound by limitations . Because of some unworthy people who don't even know the real you , how can you consider yourself not worthy or undeserving . " I spoke gently stroking the back of her hand with my thumb.

" Nehmat, you are amazing the way you are. You deserve everything . " I continued.

"I thought if you knew you will leave me too " Her voice breaking down .
I cupped her cheeks " I am not going anywhere . I will stand by you no matter what ."

"But why would you want someone like me " she sobbed . " Because you are different ....you are incredibly strong ,no one would have survived through what you went . You are beautiful inside and out. I wish you could see yourself with my eyes then you would know how amazing you are .I just want you to give yourself a chance , a chance to experience what life has in store for you ,just let yourself feel free" I dived into her dark brown eyes . She nodded.

" How are you so optimistic always ?" She asked gazing at me looking for answers

" I was not , until you entered my life . Its only after you that I saw everything differently. I want you to know that my feelings for you haven't changed,I still have hope and will always maintain it no matter how long it takes " I confessed not leaving her gaze which immediately softened on hearing my words .

" Ekam , you know , I feel I was just running away from the love I always craved for due to the fear of getting hurt or letting you hurt because of me . But now that I know my actions of running away caused you and even me so much pain , I just want to tell you that ... maybe .. maybe we have hope and I want to keep that hope alive ..with you " She poured not looking at me on the last part .
I gently lifted her chin to make her look into my eyes that would now probably be filled with surprise , happiness and tears , since I couldn't believe what I just heard .

" Really !" The only word I could say
She nodded gazing at me radiantly .
I let out a soft happy chuckle .

" That's all I ask for , a little hope to keep us going "

" So, to hope?" I forwarded my hand to her ,she placed hers not before passing me a gentle smile and said

" To hope! ".

Did you all like the chapter . Its just the beginning of an amazing love story . Just hang on with me till the end and vote for the novel . See you all with the next chapter till then stay hydrated and keep hoping .

And don't forget to follow me on Instagram @dreamyxwrites

With love

Reet