009 » sculptures

sleepyhead, 009

" Do you believe that other worlds exist? "

The amber eyed male looked questioningly at her, seemingly going quiet.

"What makes you say that ?"

She merely shrugged.

"Don't know, just a random thought."

They sat in silence at the empty classroom. The class had ended earlier than they expected since the professor had a so called "emergency."

Sunlight streamed in, casting a gentle glow over them. His black leather jacket slid down his arms slightly, revealing his upper arms.

Her gaze lingered on it.

"What are you staring at?"

"I didn't know you had a tattoo."

Seeing how he didn't even mutter a single response back to her, she spoke up again.

"It's really pretty"

He remained silent for a moment before abruptly standing up from his seat.

"It's 4.30, let's head back"

She was puzzled at his sudden change of behavior, but agreed nonetheless.

He chuckled softly under his breath, mumbling to himself in amusement.

"You really are something else, (n)."

"Xiao?"

The adeptus shifted his gaze towards the blonde, settling onto the tree branches outside the inn.

"If the war ended one day, would you still want me here?"

"What nonsense, of course i would."

"You're not just saying that just to protect my feelings, aren't you?"

He shook at head in disapproval, exhaling deeply.

"No."

He seemed like he had something to say, but decided to keep it to himself for now.

"Just call out my name if you need my assistance."

"I will."

"No, at anything you need help on."

She remained quiet, signaling him to elaborate.

"I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if anything had happened to you."

The melody of her laughter wrapped around him, casting a spell that even the wind dared not disrupt as he found himself spellbound by the enchanting depths of her gaze, lost in a moment of pure magic.

"You care about me too much."

"It's better to be safe than sorry."

He shut his eyes, feeling the wind play through his hair as they sat together in comfortable silence.

"Your tattoo is really pretty"

"Tattoo?"

"The one on your right arm"

He fell silent for a moment before a sudden stifled chuckle escaped from his lips.

"You really are something else, Lumine"