008 » rays of sunshine

sleepyhead. 008

The radiant sun cast its luminous rays, permeating the delicate interstices of the drapery in the dimly illuminated chamber

Within, reclined an individual beset by tumultuous emotions, meticulously articulating them through the deliberate splattering of vibrant hues upon the pallid canvas.

In his grasp lies a palette adorned with hues reminiscent of the sun's radiant glow permeating the chamber. Her hair, her eyes, every aspect of her countenance appeared resplendent in his gaze.

He was destined to be confronted with the harsh reality that all his efforts were futile, yet he adamantly rejected this truth, clinging to a glimmer of hope that she would reciprocate his affection once more.

Alas, it was but a mirage, an illusion that he dared not shatter.

"What am I even doing.."

"It's not like it's her, why am i still fooling myself?"

The figure released a heavy sigh. Completing his masterpiece, unveiling a stunning portrayal of a young woman adorned with short, pale blonde hair and mesmerizing eyes that gleamed like molten gold.

The resonant click of the door's latch echoed through the chamber as a lady with silvered hair gracefully entered the room.

"Alatus."

"How come after everything that's happened, you still keep a glimmer of hope that she would, one day, remember us too?"

"Because I know she will, it's only a matter of time before-"

"We don't have much time left."

The room fell into a profound silence, punctuated only by the soft rustle of fabric and the gentle exhalation of breath.

"We don't belong here, Alatus. We're supposed to be dead, from the very start."

"What would you do once our time runs out? you'd leave her again, for good this time."

He then casted his gaze upon his magnificent creation, finding solace and fleeting respite in the vibrant strokes that breathed life into his artistic vision.

"Even if i relived my life a thousand times for you, would you still remember me then?"