Chapter 6: UA Sports Festival, First Round Of The One On Ones.

Akutagawa sighs as he steps onto the platform for the first bracket of the one on one battles. He looks across it to see an equally bored Shinsou, who covers his mouth as he yawns. Akutagawa isn't very hopeful about this match. He already knows that he'll win, as long as he doesn't talk, which isn't really a problem anyway.

Midnight cracks her whip, and the match starts. It barely lasts three seconds as Rashomon appears from underneath Shinsou, wrapping around the brainwasher and restraining him. Akutagawa coughs into his hand, and gently flings Shinsou out of the ring for good measure. The audience is stunned into silence, but then erupts into applause a few moments later. With another crack of her whip, Midnight announces Akutagawa as the winner of the match.

______________________________________________________________

The rest of the first round matches go without much fanfare. Clever moves are made by the students, and Hatsume puts on an impressive showing of her inventions while also messing with Iida, to which Atsushi laughed at with a bit of shame. Akutagawa had no such qualms about laughing at their classmates' misfortune. Soon, however, Atsushi is walking onto the stage to face off with Shiozaki Ibara of class 1-B.

Atsushi is confident enough in himself that he can beat her without causing too much harm, but he's still nervous as he watches her calmly walk out from the other tunnel. He has to swallow down the feeling, though, as Midnight signals the beginning of the round.

Perhaps it's his ability, or the amount of times he has fought with Akutagawa, that Atsushi is able to leap up and out of the ranged vine attack from Shiozaki. He quickly transforms both his arms to have access to the tigers claws, slashing through the vines as he goes down. He dodges left, cutting down another attack. Atsushi darts forward, weaving and slicing his way closer to his opponent. She seems a bit surprised, maybe even a bit upset, at how easily he gets through her defenses. He understands the sentiment all too well. It doesn't take long for him to get to Shiozaki, and then push her out of bounds gently. He smiles at her and holds out his hand just as Midnight calls the match.

"That was a good match!" He says in a cheerful voice. Shiozaki's eyes widen slightly at his outstretched hand, but she takes it after a moment of careful consideration.

"It was. While I am not happy with how our fight went, I can see how good of a fighter you are. You deserve this win." She says smoothly as they shake hands. She smiles back at Atsushi, and then they walk away from the platform.

As Atsushi leaves to get ready for the second round, he doesn't notice the white-haired man in the audience. He doesn't see the expression that exudes the wrong kind of excitement on the man's face, or how people slowly distance themselves from him.

Authors Notes:

AAAAAAA! I'm so sorry for not updating last week like I usually would! School is almost over, and it's kicking my ass right now. Luckily, I have only one more week of hell!

Anyway, bonus points to whoever can guess who the mystery person in the audience is!

And as always: drink water, love yourselves, and have a good day/night! <3