Ch.15

At the next extermination meeting, Lucifer didn't attend. His daughter Charlie showed up as a representative.

Adam laughed bitterly. Wow. Now Lucifer even doesn't meet me on the hologram. Awesome. That's the answer, huh?

So Adam laughed at the princess, taunted, found fault with no reason, and put the extermination day forward.

He kicked her out and slammed the door. As the hologram meeting was over, he giggled maniacally.

"Fucking hilarious, haha! Did you see her face?" He jerked at where Charlie had been standing.

Lute narrowed her eyes in a subtle expression. "Are you sure about this, sir?"

"I'm not sure about any fucking things. I just do, whatever appeals to me, whenever I feel like doing it! Fuck yeah, This is the rock spirit!"

And Adam strummed his electric guitar again. Lute raised a brow. Adam definitely had an impulsive nature. But he was not the kind of man who could become a rebel. He had kept away from getting on heaven's nerves.

But lately, he... looked like he let himself go. As if he had given up on everything, waiting for whatever to happen.

But Adam drew a line between himself and other angels too. Lute knew he would never tell her why. She knew Adam wouldn't unlock the door of his mind, no matter how long she had hovered around. So she just sighed and left the room to give him his time.

A few months later, the first court for sinners was held in heaven at Lucifer's request. Charlie defended Angel Dust, claiming that he was an example of redeemable souls in hell. Scary angels surrounded her and Vaggie. Even though it was natural that Adam was on heaven's side, he was fidgety as if he were the object of being reproached.

"It's not fair, Sera."

Adam laughed to hide his nervousness. He felt like butterflies were in his stomach. In a bad way. A man's life is once. Case closed! Adam raised his voice to shut up the inner voices.

He exaggeratedly threatened the two demons to decorate his fear into a bluff. Then he lost his temper and ended up revealing the secret of the event by accident. He felt awful but forced laughter. As he saw the judge's expression, he just flew out of the room saying he was sorry in a damp voice.

Adam picked up his electric guitar as usual in his room. That's what he did when he needed mental recovery. He tended to do it until he could stop thinking.

This time, he seemed to play it all night.

Adam insanely played his guitar. He came out of his room and crisscrossed the palace while playing. The finale was performed in the largest hall. When he enthusiastically twanged the last note, it was almost 4:30 am. No one cared about it. He was alone there.

His panting echoed throughout the place. Adam looked around, soaked with sweat. As soon as the crazy rock music stopped, the silence came back. No sound was willing to fill the hollowness for Adam. There were only him and his echoes.

He threw away his guitar on the floor. It cried once from the impact but soon became part of the quiet. He took off his mask and threw it too. It didn't even make a sound. He lay on the floor in a sprawl.

He huffed, looking up at the ceiling.
Fuck. I give up, he thought.
I'm sick of everything.
Every effort, searching for the reason for the endless emptiness. Sick of trying to fill it with crazy tunes or whatever, but it never worked, struggling his ass off to get credit from others, but only realizing he couldn't belong anywhere.

He was sick of living. He was sick of thinking. It wasn't even the grand thought of the end of his life or something. He just wanted to stop questioning. He wanted to stop existing, so that he wouldn't feel this shit anymore.