Ch.5

Adam is weird. To be more accurate, Adam has been different after we flew together at dawn.

First, every day, he says that he loves me. But not just in the normal way. For example, "Where is Lucifer I love?" or "What are you who I love doing?" Like this.

I asked why, and he said without hesitation, "Cause I love you fucking so much!"

Then he complained that I don't. So I said, "I love you, too." Then he suddenly turned red and scowled 'NOT THAT LOVE'.

I don't understand humans.

Second, as I mentioned... He is getting grumpy. In the past, I used to play sitting on his lap. But now he kicked me out and weirdly yelled. He asked why I touched him so easily. "Am I so easy to you?"

So I said, "But you touch and hug me, too?" Then he grumbled as if he had much to say, and said he wouldn't from now on.

Lastly, he spends more time gawking. He said he was thinking about new lyrics for our new songs. I don't think that's the only reason.

I asked if it was a love song. He said yes. So I chimed in, 'Lilith will like it!'

Then he exhaled an incredibly deep sigh, and said he wanted to be alone.

Adam is the only one who has fun with me, creating something or making silly jokes together. I worried that he would get bored with me. So I asked him, and he jumped out in shock and said loud, 'NEVER' He said it's far from that, it's rather the contrary. That's a relief.

...

Seraphim in heaven hadn't come down on Adam recently. It might mean the creation of the first woman was almost done.

A long time had passed after Adam had argued with the elders.

One day, an announcement came from heaven. The test was over, and Lilith was going to be completed. And the birth of a woman meant Adam's wedding day.

And, today is the day.

Adam sat on a rock near the seaside. He gazed at the ocean, resting his chin on his hand. Lucifer was behind him, doing the new groom's hair.

"Oo-kay! Done! Oh my golly, who's this fine guy? Is he someone who's going to marry today?"

Lucifer merrily said, but received no answer back. Adam has been too quiet today. The angel leaned forward and tried to read the man's face.

"Why the frown, my handsome groom?" He softly said, like talking to a child.

"It's useless. I'm not going to invite you anyway."

"Why? That's sad, buddy." Lucifer seemed to be really a bit hurt. "Why just not me?"

As it had always been, Lucifer was alienated at this crucial moment. The angel elders had noticed the man and angel were friends. They had gotten along for so long. So it was the thing that would happen in the end, even though Sera had kept the secret of them.

And of course, the elders weren't happy with it. They didn't even invite Lucifer to the wedding. Worrying that he would cause any trouble, probably. There's clearly no bridal party. So the last chance is the invitation from the groom... But this narrow-minded man says, never.

"Really? Real-really? No?" Lucifer wrapped his arms around the man's neck, and pestered, unlike his character.

"Nope. No. Never ever. I'm going to marry and eat damn good food, hold my wife's hand, kiss and everything by myself. You don't need to be there for that."

Adam had a soft spot for Lucifer's hug. This flirting had never failed... The angel tilted his head in surprise. Well, not a big deal. Lucifer wasn't a guy who played by the rules. He could just sneak into the wedding hall.