18. her auguria

[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍]

[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍]

A few more weeks had passed and Allison's stomach kept growing larger as the arrival of her baby neared.

She was eight months now and she swore that all the back pain and kicking was killing her.

Allison was out in the Bayou with some of the other members of the pack. Theodore and Roxy weren't there as they were at college.

Earlier, members from all different packs came to visit Allison and the baby to which she found odd but greeted them warmly.

Ryder told her that it was probably something to do with her being werewolf royalty, followed by Oliver who made a cheap shot comment about them thinking she was the new werewolf messiah.

Later, Elijah came over to invite them to a party for the Harvest Girls.

Allison wanted to go because of Davina but she was wary because of Lily obviously being there as she was the one to come up with the idea.

Allison didn't have much of a choice when both Ryder and Oliver agreed to it, too hastily for her liking.

Elijah warned her about them and then left.

Allison was now in one of the wooden houses, keeping a lookout for anything suspicious coming from the two of them.

Seeing Hayley come downstairs, rubbing her eyes and looking as if she'd just woken up, Allison walked over to her.

"Hey, do you know why Ryder and Oliver have been acting weird recently?"

Hayley looked at Allison with a tired look, "No but I agree. They've been really suspicious. As for Ryder, he's always weird around me. I swear he's in love with me or something."

Allison chuckled, remembering when she and Ryder first met at the party she hosted and how he told her that Hayley was meant to be his wife.

Allison would've told Hayley straight away if she wasn't sworn to secrecy.

"Something like that." Allison muttered as Hayley turned on the coffee machine.

"Coffee?" Hayley asked, not having heard Allison's comment.

"Bad for the baby." Allison looked down at the baby bump she was holding.

"Shit, I forgot." Hayley winced.

"Forgot that I was pregnant or that I can't have caffeine?" Allison chuckled.