chapter 43

Adriano

"Uh, what's all this .?" I ask as I look around shocked to the core .

"What are you talking about ?" Joshua asks and I look at him before looking at the people again.

"Them . Roy and your parents and whoever that those people are . Looks like his parents too."

"Ohh about that...I didn't know you had no idea about it ."

"You never told me that I'm going to spend half of my summer holiday with them ."

"I thought Amara did , look you're already here so why don't you just live with it ."

"Well , where is everyone going to sleep .?"

"You guys have a hall, two halls. One for ladies and other for men . It's a fun tradition we do as companies . You will even get to meet others from different companies if you get the chance ."

"Sounds fun , but why is everyone not here .?"

"Because some went during new year . They exchange."

"Oh." I sigh looking out the window of the car . The other workers are in a bus but Joshua offered me a ride , surprisingly.

"So where are you going to stay ?"

"A house , a big glamorous house ." He says giving me a cocky grin and I shake my head smiling.
......

I get out of the car and take out my suitcase.

"I'm guessing that's the hall ." I say looking at a huge house or hall or whatever it is. Some men are already going in.

I look around the area and I see her talking with her family and Roy's parents along with him. I can hear their laughs from here . She looks happy. I haven't been able to talk to her since the last day in her office because she has been avoiding me.

"What are thinking about?"

"Why are you always...not with your family?"

Joshua looks at me with a serious look , well probably shouldn't have asked that .

"Nothing you can handle." He says walking faster leaving me alone . I don't know why I feel bad for him even though I don't know the reason , but I can tell there's a deep reason behind , but it's none of my business.

I walk to the hall and I see Penny standing alone.

"Hey Penn , why are you not going in ?"

"Oh little boy , I was just thinking about this place . It's my first time here ?"

"Really, so you started working this year? " I say walking with her.

"Yes , and on my first week and you were already giving me looks."

"Wait , it was your first week? Wow , you acted like you had been there for years "

"And I have my confidence to thank ." She says with a proud grin and we laugh.

"Well , I'm here . Bye little boy."

"Bye Penn. And stop calling me that."

I say at her retrieving back and she waves her hand. I smile going to my hall .

And when I walk in , believe me when I tell you that even my house is nothing compared to this , no offence to dad though. I look around and everyone has already allocated the bottom beds . Of course they did . I want to sleep next to someone who minds their own business. Maybe this guy wearing a grandpa sweater with classes, he seems quite .

"Hi , do you mind?"

He shakes his head and looks down . Cool . I put my back on the top bed and climb .

"Wow , each bed has its own TV?" I look down from the bed asking the guy . He looks at me and nods . I put my things in the top cabinet . I'm so in the mood to sleep.

....

I open my eyes slowly as I feel something poking me . I look to see my bunkmate poking his finger at me .

"What ?"

"It's dinner . " He says giving me takeaway with food .

"Thanks ." I say with a small smile and look at him .

"What's your name.?"

"Henry ." He says and I smile nodding.

"Nice name . Eat well." I say lying on my bed . I open the takeaway and start eating. Tasty .

"Oh and Adriano you can go out if you want ."

Henry says under me and I smile , wait .

"How do you know my name .?" I ask curious and there's just silence .

"I'm an informed person ."

He says after a moment and I just continue to eat . After I'm done I climb off and go outside. Looks like it was raining, how long have I been sleeping. It's dark outside . I check my phone and it's 6 pm . No wonder , it means I've been sleeping for 4 hours .

There's not a lot of people outside. It's really cold .

After walking for a while I see Amara talking to someone. I wait until the person leaves and I run towards her .

"Hey ."

She turns and when she sees it's me she tries to leave.

"Wait , can we just talk please."

"I'm sleepy ."

She says and tries to leave again but I grab her waist holding her from leaving. I look at her even though she's looking around.

"You can't touch me like this in public ."

She says and tries to break off from my hold which makes me hold her tighter next to me . I look at her but she just looks at my chest giving up . I love how short she is because the attitude really makes her cute.

"I love your hair . First time seeing it." I say and she just looks away but I see a hint of smile on her lips. Damn those lips . I'm gonna make sure I taste them before we go back to Italy.

"What do you want Adriano?"

"I want to talk ."

"I can't right now . It's cold and you're making it worse . You're quite....close."

"Fine then , why don't you unblock me so we can text ."

She looks at me as if I'm a fool , which I am ..

"Ok then ." She says trying to leave but she fails .

"Now . Take out your phone and unblock me now."

"Gosh, you're so...you." she says taking out her phone from her jeans and I look at her unblocking me . That's more like it .

"And don't block me again or I'll keep pestering you ."

I say letting her go . She looks at me before stomping off to her house. I don't like that she's staying with Roy under the same roof . I watch fade away and I smile. She should keep her natural hair more.