Chapter 9

Macaque's POV

Wukong settled down in a front row seat. The lights went dim and my show began. I told a story of A Warrior's Life to help people understand they should be grateful for what they have. Then when my show was finished I shadow traveled onto the stage and bowed. The crowd cheered some of them were sobbing I looked over to Wukong who stared at me in awe. I smirked and gave him a wink before exiting the stage. Just as I got backstage I was shoved against the wall with a knife to my throat. I got out my spiked staff and smacked the person in the head before they could react. I look down to see no other than...

"Wukong?" I said. Wukong looked up to me before hissing and disappearing into thin air. Just then the door opened and in stepped Wukong. I sent him a death glare and in return he gave me a confused look. He tries to approach me but I step back "care to explain why you tried to slit my throat?" I asked. He stopped and stared "what?" he asked "WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'WhAt'?! YOU JUST TRIED TO SLIT MY THROAT" I yelled. He just looks more confused "but I just got in here" I stared at him. Then it clicked. I know who that was and it wasn't good. I turn towards Wukong "Wukong, I'll walk you home but when you get there I want you to stay, am I clear?" I asked. His tail started to wag as he nodded eagerly. He then rushed forward and grabbed my hand as we went speeding out of the Theatre and down the streets of the city.