Chapter 8

Mk's POV

We spent most of the night playing games and watching TV until we passed out. I woke up feeling dizzy black specks in my vision as my eyes adjusted to the light. I looked over and saw the Monkey King laying down on the floor. I guess he fell off the coach I turned the TV off and looked at the time. OH CRUD I'M LATE. I quickly rushed into my room struggling to get my T-shirt on. I planned to meet Mei today for our daily hangout. I left a small note on the fridge saying I went out with Mei. As soon as I got there I was tackled to the ground by Mei "WHERE WERE YOU?! I STARTED TO THINK YOU WERE FIGHTING BAD GUYS WITHOUT ME" She complained. She gets off me and I glance to the side to see, Red Son. I looked to Mei confused "OH!! I invited him" Mei said. Red Son looked at me "If I'm a bother I could always leave" he said I quickly grab his wrists "please don't go" I said. He blushes and looks away and mumbles quite okay.

Monkey King's POV

I woke up to an empty house I noticed the small note on the fridge that said "I've gone to hang out with Mei today I'll be back soon." I walked over to the door and opened it walking down the stairs. He never said I couldn't go out. I exit Pigsy's Noodles and head down the street until something caught my eye. A cloaked figure walking into an alleyway over by a shadow puppet play. I follow the figure keeping my distance they took their hood off to reveal a black furred monkey. It was Mango I rushed out and hugged the monkey who responded by struggling to get out of my grasp. He looked down and his eyes widened "what the hell are you doing here?!" he asked. I only shrugged "I wanted to see you" I lied I didn't know if I'd actually see him or not I just wanted to explore. He started to struggle again trying to pull my arms off his waist "can you let go I have a show I need to put on" he asked. I thought about it and I let him go "what type of show?" I asked. He looked at me and sighed "shows that are about my past adventures but also sometimes about life stories" I looked at him with pleading eyes "can I see?" I asked. He turned away and paused "sure" He walked in and I followed.