The Hospital

We soon arrive at the hospital and the men put away their guns and let go of Otis and I, then they grab Jay from me, and rush in with him,

"Help! Our friend got shot, he's lost a lot of blood!" The leader says, as a few nurses rush to his aid. Otis runs over and wraps me in a quick hug before pulling away and looking at me, checking for any injuries they may have caused.

"I'm fine. I'm not hurt....I'm not hurt." I reassure him, then frown at the dry blood running from his nose to his lip.

"Lets go." The other guy says sternly, to both of us, so we obey. We follow him into one of the rooms, where the leader awaits us. He grabs Otis by the shirt and pulls him backwards, knocking him into the chair. I step towards him quickly, but the other guy grabs me,

"Don't even think about it."  He says, pulling me back towards him. I look over at Jay, whose now hooked up to several IVs and has a breathing mask over his mouth and nose.

"So when do we get to leave? Who knows how long he will have to stay here, and the nurses are going to start getting suspicious."  I ask.

"When he wakes up and you make sure he wont talk. Cause just remember if he does." The leader puts the gun on Otis's temple. "Bang!" He yells, causing me to jump which clearly amuses him.

"He won't talk." I say, "Just let us go. We never did anything to any of you. Let us go and we will forget we ever saw you." I try to plead. The leader walks up to me and grabs my face harshly.

"I'm not as dumb as the last kid you talked to." He laughs and lets go of my face. I put my hand up to my now throbbing jaw, as he walks back over to Otis.

"I'm exhausted...." I mumble as my eyes start growing heavier by the second.

"Too bad." The one behind me says.

"C'mon, can't you see how tired she is? She can barely stand." Otis says, as he starts getting up from the chair, but the leader shoves him right back down into it.

"There's nowhere for you to even sleep." The guy behind me says.

"Andre, be nice. She wants to sleep." The leader smirks, causing my heart to race in my chest. He walks over to me and grabs my arm tightly and drags me over to the chair and he throws me down into Otis, who quickly grabs me.

"There." The leader says. Otis scoots over in the chair, leaving just enough room for me to sit. I pull my legs up to my chest and gently lay my head on Otis's shoulder. He wraps his arm around my back and pulls me closer to him as he gently lays his head on top of mine. As I lay there, securely in his arms, my eyes finally get too heavy and I fall asleep.

I scream for my dad as I wake up and sit up quickly, banging my head into Otis's chin causing us both to wince in pain. "Sorry...." I whisper and look at him.

"You're fine."  He says as he rubs his chin, "Are you okay? I heard you scream for your dad." He says, adjusting how he's sitting so that he's facing me.

"I'm fine..." I say, looking away from him and I look over at the two guys, who are sitting on the floor with their backs on the wall, both sound asleep. "Otis...they are asleep." I whisper and he looks over and gets up slowly.

"Let's get out of here." He says, as he offers me his hand, which I gladly take and with one swift pull from him I'm on my feet. My knee aches as I put pressure on it again.

"We can't leave...they will kill Jay, then they will hunt us down and......." My words trail off and he sighs.

"Right...well lets at least go into the hallway and you can tell me about your dad." He says, leading me out quietly into the hallway.

"Listen Otis, I...." I start to say, but he cuts me off.

"You can trust me, Lottie."  He gently takes my hand into his and he runs his thumb gently up and down my hand.

"My dad...my dad was a war vet. He had a lot of PTSD when he came back, he wasn't even like my father anymore, he was very jumpy and paranoid all the time, barely even recognized me as his daughter. Well one day when I was 15 I was coming home from school and the door was locked so I knocked on the door.....well um....my dad grabbed his gun and without looking he swung the door open and shot....." I look down at the ground, then back up at him, "Next thing I knew I woke up in a hospital, my chest burning in the most agonizing pain I have ever felt. Once my vision started to clear I looked out into the hallway where my parents were screaming at each other.....then my dad pulled out his gun...he put it to his head...and he just....he pulled the trigger." I look at Otis and my hands, mine shaking badly, his rubbing my mine gently. He starts to say something, but stop and just pulls me close. He wraps one arm around me and puts the other on the back on my head and he gently pulls me into his chest, and I start sobbing.

"It's okay...I got you....I got you..." He whispers, gently moving my hair out of my face. "You are so strong, you know that?" He smiles softly. "Where did you get shot...?" He looks at me in my eyes. I gently grab his hand and bring it up to my sternum and place his hand flat against it.

"Right there...." I say softly, not breaking eye contact. He steps closer and gently presses his lips against mine so I pull him closer, deepening the kiss for a few seconds before we both pull away.