Eddie Munson x Reader - Take Your Mama

A/N - This chapter was inspired by the song Take Your Mama by the Scissor Sisters. For this one, reader and Eddie are both in their late 40s, so it's like 2010-ish time. I hope you all enjoy it.

"This is ridiculous," you hummed, pulling your jacket a little tighter around your shoulders as you braced yourself against the cold. It was impressive, really, the way the younger girls around you seemed so unaffected by the weather, dressed in far less than you were and not even making a sound of complaint. "I've got to be the oldest person here by about 20 years-"

" Well, you wouldn't go to the oldies night the other week," your daughter started, shifting to link her arm through yours, hindering any chance of you making a hasty escape into the night. "And you refused to try online dating, so-" her words trailed off in a soft shrug. "You didn't give me much choice," she added.

"Sweetheart, I'm too old to be going out to clubs and on dates-"

"That's bullshit," she interrupted, looking more like you than ever before with her brow furrowed and a deep frown on her lips. It was like the second she got frustrated, every part of her that came from her father disappeared completely, replaced entirely with you. "You're not even 50 yet, and you're still a total babe," she pressed on. "Seriously, all of my friend's moms are totally jealous of how good you look," she added, drawing a snort of laughter out of you. 

When she didn't crack a smile with you, you released a soft sigh. "I just don't think that people my age are supposed to come to places like this," you started again, only pausing when you heard a deep chuckle behind you.

You turned your head, your eyes landing on the guy standing behind you, clearly older than everyone else queuing to get into the nightclub. 

"Sorry," he uttered softly. "Didn't mean to eavesdrop," he added, offering up a small apologetic smile to you and your daughter. Just as you were about to go back to your conversation, though, he cleared his throat. "And" he hummed. "Your friend is right, by the way," he added.

Your brow furrowed slightly, glancing between the man and your daughter. "Friend?" He nodded his head towards your daughter, drawing a soft scoff out of you. "Daughter," you corrected softly.

"Hi, I'm Evie," she piped up, quickly linking her fingers through yours. "Her name's Y/N," she added, grinning between the two of you with a twinkle in her eye that left your stomach turning. She'd proven you wrong, clearly. There were people your age at the club. And that meant you had no excuse to leave the second you'd palmed her off on her friends. 

"Eddie," he supplied. "I think Evie makes a real good point," he pressed on, watching as your brow furrowed, waiting for him to explain. "You are still a total babe," he hummed out, just as you reached the front of the queue, your attention drawn to the bouncers on the door. 

By the time you'd made it through security and into the club, you'd lost sight of Eddie, leaving you to be dragged along to find your daughter's friends.

*Time Skip*

"She doesn't believe me," Evie started, grinning from ear to ear. "But the guy in the queue outside totally had the hots for her," she pressed on, earning a chorus of cheers from her friends as you rolled your eyes. 

You had half expected, when Evie had strong-armed you into coming out with her and her friends, that they would be put out by your intrusion, but it seemed they were all pretty invested in your love life.

"Oh my God," one of the girls drawled. "Was he cute?"

You rolled your eyes at the question, hoping to avoid it. 

"C'mon, Darlin'; I'm just dyin' to find out," a voice hummed beside you, causing you to jump. "Was he cute?" he teased, grinning when your daughter let out an excited cheer.