Drunk

Nicole's pov:

Tom came home drunk again and left me to take care of everything. Him,dishes,making sure he doesn't do anything stupid,cleaning the house and writing my new album. I sighed,overwhelmed with everything and to top this all off I'm sick with the flu..the fucking flu and I have to take care of my drunk boyfriend and tomorrow my hung over boyfriend. I groaned with frustration and felt a bit guilty about being annoyed but whatever..my friend Taylor called and I ended up spilling everything to her.

Tom's pov:

I was half asleep when I heard my girlfriend talking on the phone. I was too drunk to make anything out but I could tell it was about me so I listened the best of my abilities.
"He's always drunk..I can't handle him,the house and the album while sick.." was all I could make out before I fell asleep..I woke up to my head pounding and groaned in pain. Then I remembered the conversation between Nicole and Taylor and all I could feel was guilt. She was shaking and I covered her more with the comforter and kissed her forehead softly. I took the painkillers that were beside me and my heart warmed. My ex's never did anything like this..I got up and started to make Nicole tea. While it was boiling I laid out some medicine for her which was her iron capsules,vitamin D supplements and some allergy pills. I also started on breakfast for us for a change. I wasn't used to receiving love or showing it and neither was Nikki but she truly tried and I didn't.. I never tried to show her I loved her..and this moment made me realize how bad of a boyfriend I have been. Nikki soon woke up and stumbled from the room. I always woke up after her so I never saw how cute she looked when she woke up. I chuckled softly and watched her shocked expression. She opened her mouth to speak but I placed my finger on her lips signaling her to not speak.
"Look..I have not been the best boyfriend..I always leave you to take care of everything everyday and don't help at all..you're sick and still took care of me and the house yesterday. You do so much. You're an amazing girlfriend and I want to be a better boyfriend.. I want to be the boyfriend you deserve..I put you through a lot. So hopefully this will show you I want to start being a good boyfriend." I rubbed the back of my neck and saw her eyes light up. She ran up to me and hugged me tightly.
"Thank you.." she whispered into my shoulder.
"Thank you for being patient with me.." I stroked her hair and we ate and cuddled all day and I never came home drunk again..unless it was a special occasion but I always asked bill or someone else to take care of me.