Chapter 27

Humza's pov

"Baba please convince mom. I will make sure everything falls back into place. I'm sorry for being a nuisance but Kashaf is something I am super serious about." I requested.

"Humza I know you. I can see how serious you are regarding Kashaf. Marriage comes with a great responsibility. You are now aware of her past too. I don't want to pick on her but we need to think properly. Try to understand what your Mom is saying." Replied baba.

"I don't care about her past. She is all what I want." I explained.

"You won't gain anything with this behaviour. You are just creating more problems." Baba stated and that didn't leave my mind.

"Bhai they'll understand. Please don't worry." Haris tried to comfort me.

"No Haris they don't want to understand. All they talk about is her past. Which is painful. I don't want her to feel that pain ever again. And everyone else including me, keeps bringing her back to past." I said.

"I have no idea what you're going to do but she has had enough. Please don't cause her trouble." Haris begged and left me to overthink.

Humza Amin you have to do something about this. You can't let her go.

"Mom?" I knocked at her door

"Come in" she replied

"Ma did you cry? I just saw Urooj leaving. Did she say something?" I asked worried.

"No nothing happened. Why are you here?" She asked ignorantly.

"I've always shared my problems with you. But now I feel distant . Why is that? Why don't you listen to me now?" I put forth.

"Because you found someone else to be close with. Accept it. You didn't talk to me properly since I said I won't let you marry her." She cried and my heart wrenched

"Mom please don't cry. I will listen to whatever you say. I know I've been stubborn, but for the first time in my life I'm afraid of losing something." I replied

"Humza will you listen to whatever I say?" She asked and I went blank but nodded.

"Yes if you cannot accept Kashaf I won't take her name ever again-" I whispered. I don't know what did I say and what did I mean.

"What?" She acknowledged

"Bhai do you hear yourself? What are you saying!!" Haris screamed.

"Yes I won't marry her but there will never be another girl in my life. KASHAF is the first and the last person." I adamantly stated.

"Humza I can't resist anymore. Go! Ask her to get ready we will visit this evening." Mom uttered her eyes softened and I couldn't believe 

"Wowww Mom thankyou. We love you so much." Hassan exclaimed.

"Mom are you serious?" Haris recalled

"Ma do you accept Kashaf? Do you accept Kashaf? Do you really want me to marry her?" I asked repeatedly and she nodded with tears in her beautiful eyes.

"Yes Humza I finally accept her. Your happiness is all what matters to me." She hugged me.

"Thankyou ma. I can't express how happy I am." I cried.

"Please don't forget me. I'm your family too." Said Humna entering our house.

"Humna di mom agreed to Kashaf and Humza bhai's wedding." Hassan laughed and jumped all around.

"What are you guys serious!?" Humna joyed up.

"Yess we are visiting them today" Mom replied.

Today I understood the true meaning of Family. They were happy for me. I was happy for me too. I can't wait to see Kashaf.
I am coming to make you mine Barfi!