Chapter XX Part II [Heartfelt Cooking Class]

It was another day of manga reading for the twins and Ameri. Lavande only watched as a guard, but throughly enjoyed the reading where the protagonist, Hoshino Rin, was baking cookies for her significant other, Aozora Kakeru. At the end of the chapter, Ameri and Lavande applauded before they all had some tea. "The realism in today's reading was superb!" Remarked the former. "It's been a long time, so I put my all into it." Said Iruma, reminiscing his, Ryūko and Naphula's performance back in the ruins of the wilderness.

  Ameri looked down on the pages, recalling that she'll congratulate the twins with something for their victory in the Harvest Festival. It seemed that sweet treats would be a great idea for such a gift. Ryūko caught on with her mutterings, alarming Ameri before she elaborated that she was interested in baking sweets, but has always been prohibited from using her home kitchen. For what reason, would that be? Well, Henri has never told his daughter why that was the case, so not even the redhead was sure about it. Thinking it as a fun activity, Iruma asked if Ameri would like to come over to his place, much to her surprise.

  So, perhaps on the following weekend, Iruma and Ameri were in the kitchen of Sullivan's manor. The two seem excited to start, all prepped with Opera's help. And there goes Ameri fantasizing the idea of being in her crush's house was practice for married life. As Iruma thanked Opera for their help, he also told Ryūko that she doesn't need to get involved, if her energy was still on the lower side. "Excuse me. Should I go greet your grandfather, as well?!" Asked Ameri frantically, much to Opera's confusion of how she addressed Sullivan informally, "Oh, well, I mean my future- I mean, the chair demon!" "Oh. Surprisingly, the chair-demon is away at work today, so he's not here." That relieved Ameri from the worries for all formalities of nobles.

  "Well, I'll be over there, so please go ahead and use anything you need." Said Opera. "Yeah, good luck on your little house date, fellas." Teased Ryūko with a wink, embarrassing her brother in the process, "Oh, come on. I'm the one who's dating, y'know." And with the two thanking the supervisors, they were soon left alone in the kitchen. Ameri was getting nervous with all the fluffy romance swirlling in her head near an overdrive. Iruma got her back to reality for them to have a headstart. The demoness apologised for having to borrow a lot of materials, but the human didn't mind as he was the one who invited her over, and the first time he has ever started on sweets. While the two washed their hands, Opera took a peep at them, knowing he should keep an eye on their actions, even while they have a recipe.

  The first task was to knead 120g of butter before adding 50g of sugar in a good mix. Much to Opera's shock, Iruma placed a whole brick of butter into bowl with a teaspoon of sugar when the weight measurements were clearly written. They thought Ameri could save their recipe, but she ended up eyeballing the amount of sugar from a teaspoon to the whole bag, saying that she heard sweets have quite heavy amounts of sugar (although it may not be wrong in some sweets from other cultures on Earth), but there are clear limits to how much sugar can be used. Dismayed, Opera realised that those two have absolutely no knowledge of cooking, especially when Ameri suggested chopping up a spatula to find it out. But why exactly was this happening in the first place?

  Well, the neglected Iruma om Earth spent most of his life trying to survive while his sister was on her working shifts and vive versa, so the former's philosophy was to throw everything into a pot, cooki it, and eat it. That seems to explain why he couldn't decide between Asmodeus and Clara's dishes to boost up his mood. As for Ameri, she claimed to have made a cake for Henri when she was younger, which actually was an amalgamation of ingredients and sorts. Fundamentally being a terrible cook was the reason why she was prohibited from using the kitchen at her place. It apparently burned his heart in a sense that he told his daughter not to make it again for a while. Odd that she would be confident in her lack of adequate cooking skills. The situation got even worse as Opera saw Iruma throwing whole eggs in the bowl with their shells, as he considered it wasteful to throw them out. Ameri tried to cut through the mixture, but her karate chop was overpowering that is split the bowl, chopping board and counter, all at once! With every single "mess around to find out" situation those two tried, Opera was already getting scared of what was next to come. At the end of it all, a massive living blob was present on a plate. And that didn't look appetizing at all.