⁰⁴ ; nightmare

EVERYTHING [Y/N] needed was packed, including the angelic weapon they managed to fit in a bag

EVERYTHING [Y/N] needed was packed, including the angelic weapon they managed to fit in a bag. Now, they walked alongside their spider companion, who has not said a word since the energy shift of when he brought up the overlord's ex. Despite the silence, Angel Dust does sneak in a few peeks at the enigma beside him— the way their [H/C] hair rests perfectly from their scalp, their mysterious and empty [E/C] eyes, their [S/C] complexion blending with the hellish red aura reflecting from the sky. They showed so much character just from their appearance, and yet remained a mystery to most. Then, there was the strange red ruby held together with a black ribbon around their neck. The most mysterious characteristic trait.

His mind begins to wander. Without the amulet, would their abilities become useless? Would their power disappear? How do they have such a similar power to Lilith?

"It's rude to stare."

Angel snapped out of it, blinking before looking up directly at [Y/N], who was already looking down at him with narrowed eyes. Sweat beads immediately begin to form as he nervously broke the eye contact. "Eh— sorry 'bout that," he murmured. Surprisingly, a chuckle came from the Siren, causing him to look up at them again. "No need to be so nervous around me, Angel. I'm aware you have questions. Ask away."
The sinner became even more nervous, despite [Y/N]'s efforts in comforting him. Just minutes ago, they almost used their powers on Angel to get him out of their loft. It freaked him out, and understandably so. The mixed signals only eluded the mystery of them, it made the spider feel quite queasy.

Despite this, he wasn't gonna pass the opportunity to ask.

"Howdya get that cool lookin' necklace?" Going straight for the kill. As he questioned them, his long, slender finger motions toward said necklace. [Y/N]'s face remains still, not much surprised at his curiosity. If they were him, they probably would've asked the same thing, albeit the answer being far beyond complicated. Truth is, they have no recollection of how they obtained the necklace or its powers. A shame that information is behind a thick fog along with the rest of their memories. This leads back to how they should answer— would it be smart to tell this stranger how their memories are suppressed? Would it jeopardize their chances of obtaining information or gaining trust from the Princess Morningstar? [Y/N] had to think about their options always, they trained themselves to do this. Theories like the domino and butterfly effect peaked their interest once they learned how to grasp the idea of "thinking before speaking." Was this strategic way of thinking always one of their quirks, even before their memory loss? That was one of the many questions yet to be answered.

The overlord realizes their response time could become concerning or cause Angel Dust even more alarm. They couldn't help it, the habit of over analyzing every conversation holds strong. "Hm," they hummed in order to fill in the emptiness their silence brought. It gave them more time to think, they learned over time. "I had this necklace for as long as I could remember," they followed up. Technically, their statement was true. Leaving out the parts where they don't remember jack shit surely you wouldn't harm anyone. It seems like Angel bought it. However, this caused him to question further: "Did you, like, have it when you were alive then?"
This caused [Y/N]'s brain to turn even more. The farthest back they could remember was when they were already in Hell. They had landed in an alleyway in the pride ring, right next to the V towers. They remember being taken in by Velvette, leading to one of the biggest mistakes they had ever made. Or the biggest mistake they remember making. "I did." A little lie wouldn't hurt, right? Besides, they were confident Angel wouldn't pick up on their dishonesty, as they spoke with confidence.