you are pretty

“Where do you think you are running off to?”

He spoke, holding onto my hand. I didn’t say anything. I couldn’t say anything. I just looked away. I have been a coward, always a coward.

“Hello everyone, the store is going to shut early. Please stand near the register as soon as you can”

Huh. I looked at him. What is he doing now? Yet he just smiled before whispering, his breath warm hitting my jaw and then my ears.

“Wait for me”

Oh, fuck me. Fuck fuck fuck. I quickly look away, nodding trying to avoid eye contact. I wouldn’t be able to handle that at least not now, certainly not now. He walks back to the register, billing everything up.

Not even twenty minutes had passed when the last customer left. He stood there tying his hair. He couldn’t tie it properly. It looked too tight on some sides but there were huge gaps on others. He tried to tie it up again and failed. A small groan left his lips, as he gave up. Before picking up his things.

I stood up, my body in control of mine as I stepped towards him. My hands move towards his long dark hair but it stops right before I can touch it.
I couldn’t do that; I wasn’t worth that. I retrieve my backhand, stepping away. He looks at me confused his gaze ponders towards my hand then back to my face. His eyes, his goddamn eyes. I could never get over those eyes.

“Uh…so?”

I try not to look at him more, diverting my attention and fixing my shirt. I hear him chuckle, opening the door.

“I heard there is a good fast-food chain”

“…..”

10 years ago

“Everyone please be seated; we have a new student”

Gojo Satoru, like usual was fidgeting with his pen. Scribbling all over his so-called ‘notebook’. The teacher was in her usual blabber nothing she ever said was interesting enough for him. That was until that day

“Geto Suguru, my name is Geto Suguru”

Gojo’s head shot up, looking at the guy who stood in front of the class. He had long hair, poorly tied. He was tall and stood like a tower next to the teacher. He introduced himself, his dialect much different from what Satoru grew up in. He then stooped mid-sentence his gaze pierced right through his head.
The new kid stopped in between to look at Gojo Satoru, the talk spread throughout the school. Many people speculated that they might have known each other or had a history before, others gossiped about the possibility of one of them stealing the other one’s girlfriend.

The lunch bell had rung, and Gojo Satoru turned towards the guy next to him. Who was packing his bag?

“So, what was that whole thing at the time?”

“What thing?”

“Eh well-ll”

The ever-confident Satoru Gojo had stuttered as soon as the other person made eye contact with him. Well again, it was Suguru Geto who was looking at him. Even though it had been less than a day since he had arrived, talks about him and his looks had run through the whole school like wildfire.

“I mean…. That whole stopping in between and looking here”

“You are beautiful”

“eh”

Gojo stood there, his mouth slightly parted, eyes widened. He takes a few steps back hitting his table.

“Oh wait... I didn’t mean it weirdly. It’s just you caught me off guard”

Geto says following it up with a nervous laugh. Awkwardly pushing hair away from his hair, seemingly wanting to hide away. Gojo quickly pulls himself up and walks back.

“Oh yeah, I understand. Just that no one ever called me that”

He clarified, and both of them awkwardly laughed. Before actually talking normally. Both of them had more in common than they had thought. Their discussion on Pokémon came to an abrupt end when the bell rang again. Which made Satoru, pull Geto running outside.

“Where are we going??”

Geto asked in between their run, as this was his first day and it wouldn’t look good to vanish all of a sudden. Gojo looked at him laughing as he shouted

“I heard there is a good fast-food chain”

End of flashback

“…”
“Satoru?”
“…..”
“Satoru…?”
“Yeah, yeah let’s go, let’s go”

He said rushing out of the store, as Geto followed back locking the store. Both the men walked next to each other. The cold December didn’t help them either. The winds blowing right up their face and only silence stood among them again. Gojo looks towards the man next to him and he finds him already staring at him both the men quickly look away, caught. Caught shamelessly.

A small laugh comes out of Gojo’s mouth before it turns into a loud agonising laugh.

“Am I still pretty?”

He asks in between his laughs and now actually looking at him, a smile spread over his face. Geto looks at him, a bit astonished at the sudden change in mood before he joins the laughs

“Always... always”

Geto replies, pulling up his scarf as the heat near his cheeks is enough for him to not feel cold. Geto walked closer, his arms brushing over the other.

Gojo didn’t move away, he didn’t want to. He made sure their arms touched, even the slightest until they reached the place. He pulls up his coat a bit, trying to hide the same warmth on his face.

“How far is this place even? we have been walking for the past twenty-five minutes now.”

“Eh… well it is near the… cross road”

“Then… why did we come this way; we could have reached the crossroad much earlier...??”

“… ha …. Ha... Oh yeah... Ha”

Geto Suguru quickly shut his mouth, unfortunately for him his plan did work but not for long. What and all people do for the sake of their benefit, one wonders.

“Wait... does that mean, you –”

“Oh, there is the place I’m talking about”

Geto Suguru swiftly ran towards the store, leaving the very confused and amazed Gojo Satoru back.

Both of them ordered and sat back, as they caught up with each other. An eerie sense of something missing was increasingly noticeable as they tried to catch up with each other in their lives over the past ten years.

“So why did you run away?”

Geto had finally asked the question, the question Satoru tried to steer away from and prayed not to be asked but you have to face the things you have left incomplete, it will always come back. Always.