Nothing. | 029

B I L L I E

"Billie, you need to go today. Jordyn can never say no to you and I can't have her missing more school because of you." My mom tells me.

"Mom, just tell her to go." I sigh. "She won't listen to me, she listens to you. Please go, Bil." Mom says. "I could even pick you guys up early."

"Fine." I grumble.

I go back into my room and see Jordyn is getting dressed. I gulp nervously and sit down on my bed.

Don't be nasty, Billie. It's 7:30 in the morning.

"Are you coming, baby?" Jordyn asks.

"What? Of course not!" I shake my head. She gives me a weird look and I laugh awkwardly. "Oh, um, yeah, I am."

"Okay, weirdo." She chuckles. "But I'm so proud of you for going." Jordyn comes over, cups my face in her hands and kisses my forehead. "I love you."

"I love you more, baby." I smile.

I don't want to go to school, but I don't wanna mess things up for Jordyn. I know she'd stay home if I did, and I don't want her to.

Like the smart bitch she is, she has all straight A's, has multiple scholarship offers, and I don't want her grades going down because of me.

I'm doing it for her.

After the two of us get ready for school and eat something, we get our shoes and go out to my car. I open Jordyn's door for her and she thanks me before we get in.

"How'd you sleep, mama?" I ask Jordyn as I start driving. "Good. How about you?" She asks. "Alright." I shrug. "Are you feeling any better?" Jordyn questions.

"Uhh.. sort of." I shrug. "So you don't feel sick anymore?" She asks. "Sick?" I furrow my eyebrows. "Oh, oh, yeah, I'm good."

"Why are you being so weird?" She sighs. "I'm not." I deny. "Don't fucking start this shit again." Jordyn says. "I know something's wrong with you and I'm gonna figure it out."

"Baby, nothing- nothing's.. wrong." I tell her.

"I don't want to hear it, Billie." She mutters. "Mama, please don't be mad. I promise nothing's up." I assure her. "Can you just drive?" Jordyn says.

"Yeah, sorry." I mumble.

I don't want her to be mad at me.

J O R D Y N

See? She's still being fucking weird.

I'm tired of this bullshit. I wish she'd just tell me what's wrong.

Once we get to school, I grab my backpack and put it on. I get out of the car with Billie and when she comes over to my side, I grab her hand to hold it, but she lets go of me.

"I don't wanna be, um, public yet. It'd be weird if we came to school as a couple after me being so mean to you, you know? Like, let's ease into it." Billie suggests.

Are you fucking serious?

I don't want to argue.

"Sure." I say, trying not to let out a loud sigh.