Scrambled Eggs

No One's POV

Luca walked into the kitchen to find Massimo leaning over the espresso machine, pouring himself a cup.

"Buongiorno Luca!" Massimo greeted.

"Good morning!" Luca said.

Giulia emerged from her bedroom that was down the hallway across from the boys'.

"Morning Luca, how'd you sleep il mio pesce preferito." Giulia said with a big smile.

"Oh hey Giuls, not bad." Luca replied, forcing a fake smile to make himself seem not totally over stressed and completely exhausted like he was. Giulia's smile widened at the nickname Luca used for her.

She quite cherry this morning. Luca thought. But he didn't dwell too much on it, he had bigger things to worry about this morning.

Luca felt a million tiny jellyfish swimming in his stomach when he thought about the fact that he was going to have to see Alberto this morning, in just a few minutes. What was he supposed to say? What was he supposed to do? How is one supposed to go about interacting with their best friend after having a steamy make out session the night before that clearly had deeper meaning than just physical attraction or experimentation!???!?

Dio mio, Luca needed to calm himself.

The strong scent of eggs filled his nostrils. Luca looked over to the stove where Giulia was already quickly whipping up some eggs.

"Hey can I have some eggs please Giuls?" Luca questioned.

"Absolutely!" Giulia gave him a big grin back.

Luca got up from the table, and walked over to the stove. He grabbed a plate and handed it to Giulia. She started loading his plate with a hefty portion of scrambled eggs, Giulia knew that Luca's favorite breakfast food was scrambled eggs, that's why she made.

Luca was so hungry and tired at the same time. He'd never been more excited for eggs in his life.

"All ready Luca!" Giulia handed him back his plate.

"You're the best, thanks Giulia." Luca thanked her. He stared at the eggs, breathing in the hot steam they were giving off. Luca loved scrambled eggs more than life itself, they were probably even better than gelato in his opinion.

Alberto was still in the bathroom. He splashed some water on his face. Inhaling a big gust of air, Alberto made eye contact with himself in the mirror, slowly exhaling to try and calm his nerves. He had to remain cool, smooth.

"Puoi farlo, you can do this Alberto." He said to himself.

He noticed the violet twinge under his eyes was more conspicuous than usual this morning. He groggily dried his wet face with a towel. He could faintly hear Giulia and Luca having a conversation in the kitchen. Even the sound of Luca's voice made Alberto's stomach twist in knots. How was he supposed to face him after last night? After he ran away? The only thing he wanted was to take it all back, to take Luca in his arms and confess his love by for him right then and there. But he couldn't do that, Luca probably hated him now. And Alberto was willing to do anything to get their friendship back, even if that meant repressing his feelings and suffering in silence. He sighed and walked out into the kitchen.

Alberto walked as slow as he possibly could, every second closer was a second closer to having to see Luca. Luca came into Alberto's view. It looked like Giulia was giving him some scrambled eggs. Alberto caught himself thinking that he wished that it was him who was in Giulia's place giving Luca eggs, cooking for him, caring for him. Alberto huffed and made his way to the stove to retrieve some breakfast. Suddenly, he tripped over his overly big socks, tumbling right into...yup, you guessed it. The one person he wanted to avoid, Luca Paguro.

With a very big appetite, Luca turned around to go back to his seat at the table. But just as he turned around, he found himself face to face with Alberto. Alberto's nose bumped into Luca's and with one big, swift motion, Luca and his eggs ended up on the ground with Alberto right on top of him.