Chapter three: Friends or Foes?

'You knew I was following you.' He stated. 'I knew you were following me from the moment I saved those people.' He looked confused for a second. 'Why did you let me?' I smiled. 'I wanted you to know that I am not a threat. This won't be the last time that our paths cross. Maybe next time we can help them together.' He seemed to think about what I said. 'And what is your name?' 'You can call me Nova.' 'Well then until next time Nova', he nodded and flew away. I looked after him and smiled, after that I flew in the other direction. When I came home I took a shower and immediately fell asleep. It had been a tiring day. The next day I was busy showing Emily around the cafe. She was already a helping hand. Around lunch time I got a message from an unknown number. The message was 'Hey this is Clark. I was wondering if you had time tomorrow. I want to show you a few places around town.' I smiled and quickly send a message back. 'Hey, I have to work until two. How about after that?' I waited for a few seconds and got a message back. 'Sure that's fine. I will pick you up at two. See you tomorrow : )' I didn't know what to feel about this yet. He seemed like a really nice guy. But I had my worries.

The rest of the evening went by smoothly until about 6 o'clock. I started to get goosebumps again. My senses were picking something up. I quickly told Emily that I would take a break and left the café through the back. I started listening and just then a police car went by. Through their radio I picked up that there was a robbery going on at a bank. I changed into my costume with a flash. I took of into the air and followed the police car to the bank. I saw that a group of 6 guys were dressed in black and had a dozen of hostages inside. I was flying around the building to see if there was a back entrance. Luckily I found one and silently crept inside. 'Shut up all of you! Don't test us or an ambulance will be needed for one of you. Now give me all of your money!' one of the guys said. I could see that he was the leader. The other guys constantly looked at him to see his command. I had to take him out first. I crept behind the desk and tried to get closer. One woman noticed me and looked scared but I put my finger in front of my mouth to tell her to be silent. She nodded subtly and looked away. I gave a relieved sigh. 'Boss what if Superman comes?' The guys started talking. 'Don't worry I wouldn't be stupid enough to come without a plan B. I have something strong enough to stop him.' The leader said smugly. If the leader had something that could stop Superman than they are stronger then I thought. They don't know me so I have an advantage over them. I hope Superman doesn't show up but I would doubt it. I looked around the room and saw that most of the hostages were seated together. I could put a protective shield around them while I attacked the leader. That would keep everyone save. I had come right behind the leader and scanned the room one last time. The woman from before was right in front of me. I didn't wait any longer and sprung into action. I put the protective shields around the civilians and hit the leader in the back. Everyone was in shock and the leader quickly attacked me. He started hitting me and the others came for me to. Because I had about 5 shields up my attacking powers wouldn't be that effective so I had to switch to hand to hand combat. I was pretty good at that so I was holding the guys off when I felt that a gun was about to go off. I turned around a took the gun in my hand. 'Really? You guys should know that these tricks don't work on us.' The leader looked at me and at the hostages. 'What did you do?! Why can't we reach them!' He seemed pretty stressed. I smiled 'That's one of my powers. Now hand over the guns nicely and don't make this harder for yourselves.' Just then I felt a breeze at my back just like last night. Superman had arrived. He came through the window. Glass went everywhere. My wings went around my body to protect me from the glass. 'Miss Nova I see that you have arrived before me.' I smiled at him. 'Gentleman now don't make this harder on yourselves and hand over the guns nicely.' 'I just told them the same thing but they won't listen.' I said. Behind us we could here the hostages. 'It's superman we are saved.' 'So her name is Miss Nova. She is protecting us.' 'Together they will save us.' 'Don't worry nothing will happen now.'

'We will not surrender. You will let us go.' Superman looked confused. 'Why would we do that now you are in the disadvantage.' The leader looked mad. 'No you are!' He took out a weapon. It looked like a gun but it was bigger. The second he took it out Superman went paler. On the gun a green stone started shining. Superman started staggering. I started to get worried. What was that green thing? Clearly it was hurting Superman. The leader was charging the gun and was about to hit Superman. It seemed that Superman tried to take a step but he faltered and fell on the ground. 'Superman!' I shouted and started flying to him. Just then the leader shot the gun. I went infront of Superman and spread my wings to shield him. I got hit on my wings. 'Nova!' Superman looked surprised. 'I am okay don't worry nothing can hurt my wings.' Just then I felt pain in my wings. My eyes went bigger. Nothing had been able to hurt my wings until now. I fell forward on my hands. The leader tried to go around me and hit Superman. I knew that if that thing hit Superman he would be hurt more than me so I turned to him and used my telekinesis. I took the gun to my hand and crushed it with my hands. I used some of my powers to crush the green stone. I felt drained after that but I still had to protect the civilians so I concentrated on my shields. I had to concentrate really hard so I wasn't able to move. After a few minutes I felt movement in front of me. 'Nova you can put the shields down now everything is okay. They surrendered.' Superman was in front of me. I could barely talk. 'Is the police here?' 'Yes don't worry.' I stayed silent but put my shield down after that I could hear everyone around me again. The police had come and were taking the robbers away and were escorting the hostages outside. Superman had crouched in front of me and had put his hand on my shoulder. He looked at me worriedly. 'Are you okay?' I took a deep breath and felt that all my energy was going to healing my wings. There isn't any big damage. They would be healed in a few seconds. I smiled at him and stood straight. 'I am okay. Just putting up all these shields was taking up a lot off energy. Now I am better.' He smiled. 'Thank you. You saved me. I don't know what would have happened if you weren't here.'

That was the first time I had saved him. But we would see that this wouldn't be the last time. Sometimes even Superman needed someone to save the day. 

Well guys that was it for this chapter

Well guys that was it for this chapter. I have a lot of ideas for this book but i am trying to decide how to write further. What do you guys think? How will the story of Miss Nova and Superman be? How will Clark and Laurens relationship be? I would love to hear your thoughts. Leave a comment behind.