Chapter one: A new Beginning

I was flying through the air and I could feel the wind through my wings. After that I put my hand out and touched a cloud. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath through my nose.

'Miss Daniels! Where should we put these?', one of the workers asked by which I got taken out of my daydream. It wasn't really a dream, more like a memory. A memory of a week ago. It was one of the last moments where I could fly freely through the air. After that I was too busy with moving to even have time for anything else.

'You can put them on the right side.' After the workers put my stuff into the apartment, I decided that it was enough for today and that I really needed to eat something. I put one random black jacket on and took of to the store. The minute I stepped out of my apartment building I got hit with the busy street of Metropolis. I have lived in a big city before like Star City, but Metropolis was something else. It would take me some time to get used to this.

After a few minutes' walk to the store, I got inside and bought a few necessities for my home. I also bought a box of pizza. I didn't have the energy to cook today. The minute I got back to my apartment I was met with a woman in front of my door. I looked at her with surprise. She was smiling at me.

'Hello, my name is Lois. I am your next-door neighbor and I wanted to give some food. I can imagine that you didn't have the time or energy to cook anything.', she said. That is really sweet of her I instantly liked her. I smiled back at her and introduced myself. 'Hi, thank you so much. My name is Lauren and you guessed it right I was about to eat some pizza. I would want to invite you in, but the state of my apartment isn't really guest ready.' I laughed at the end. She laughed with me and gave me the food she brought. 'That's okay. We can take a rain check on that.', she said. I thanked her again, and she returned to her home.

I ate the food and took a shower. After that I slept at once.

One week went by like that. I saw Lois again and we exchanged numbers. I cleaned my apartment and got to know my neighborhood. I found a small park nearby where I took a walk every morning. Of course, I also took to the skies at night, but I haven't flown that far away yet. It was a nice and calm week. The next week I was busy with starting up my shop. I had a small café slash bookstore. It was one of my childhood dreams to open a store of my own. I have a store in Star City with my best friend/ business partner. A few months ago, the opportunity arose to open another store in Metropolis so we decided that I would move to Metropolis to open this store while he stayed back in Star City and took care of the business there. Of course, I missed him and Star City, but this was a new beginning for me. One I needed.

When I was working at the café one evening, I saw Lois walk in with a man. The mysterious man was looking around and when our eyes locked, he looked surprised. He had jet black hair and was build nicely. You could clearly see that he was working out. He had glasses that made him look quite cute. I realized that I had checked him out for too long and smiled at Lois. 'Hey Lois, long time no see. I was actually just thinking about you.', I said smiling. She smiled back and came to the counter. 'Hey Lauren. I didn't know you worked here.' I looked at the man for a second and answered Lois. 'I am actually the owner we just opened last week so I am still looking for a few workers.' She looked surprised. 'Wow that is so cool. My friend owns a café. Well from now on me and Clark will only come here for our coffees. Right Clark?' She looked at her friend and he smiled. 'Ow right sorry. I forgot to introduce you. Lauren this is my colleague and friend Clark. Clark this is Lauren. My new neighbor that I told you about.' He looked at me and smiled. 'Nice to meet you Lauren I heard a lot about you.' I smiled back. 'Nice to meet you too Clark.' That moment we looked into each other's eyes without knowing what a significant moment this would be for the rest of our lives. This was the moment that would start a canon of events. Events that would affect our lives for the better or for the worse. But in the end, it was all worth it. He was worth it.

Well guys that was the first episode. I hoped you liked it let me know in the comments!

 I hoped you liked it let me know in the comments!