68

Athena Jones

I can't believe I was unconscious for a whole damn week? The pain of my broken bones is still there but whatever spell he did was kind of working because I can atleast breathe without my ribs tearing me apart.

I drank the water and soup he left me, laying back on the bed I felt the urge to move again, but I still needed to rest. If Draco was here — I stopped my thoughts no. No Draco. He left me. He broke up with me. I don't care if it was to protect me. He left me here alone.

I look around the room, I couldn't remember the last time I was in bed for that long. And now I'm doing this, I'm not used to being inactive this... this is weird.

I look at my hands once again, I felt like a stranger, like… was that really my hands? I still look the same, everything is the same and yet it doesn't feel like it.

Nicolas bought food then left without uttering anything more than necessary.

The next day, I tried to stand up making sure I don't put too much pressure on my left broken ankle.

Don't you dare fall… please don't you dare fall I thought as I slowly stood up.

I stayed standing for a few seconds before finally taking a step. It hurt. I knew it would hurt from the moment I broke my ankle. But being in bed for almost a week made the pain a thousand times worse.

I clenched my teeth to hold back the pain. I moved another step, slower than the first step, but still taking it. The pain was becoming more bearable, so I took a third step, this time faster than the previous but not too fast as to risk falling on my hurt ankle.

I made my way to the kitchen, keeping the majority of my weight on my right leg. I haven't been out of that room since I was brought here in this cabin.

I can't stop moving now. If I do, I'm going to feel more pain later.

I took a slow breath, and I forced my left leg to move again. I took another step. And another one after that.

This is not bad, I think I can walk again. Slowly, but surely.

I reached the kitchen counter, leaning against it for support when suddenly the front door clicks

I paused, freezing in place when I heard the door click.

Is that the front door? In the back of my mind I hoped it'll be Draco but I knew better.

I shouldn't keep my hopes up, he wouldn't come all the way to the cabin just to check on me. No, he wants to keep me away from him

The door opens Nicolas stepping in, and the first thing I noticed was the blood splattered on his face.

He's still wearing his robes, covered in blood, it made me sick.

"What the hell are you doing up from your bed" he asks his breathing was rather heavy

"I… wanted some water. I haven't move all day and I needed to go to the kitchen." I say trying to sound normal.

But he noticed my ankle was still broken, he noticed and frowned slightly. But the fact he was covered in blood made him shift his attention to her.

"W-Where were you?" I asked noticing he didn't acknowledge what I just said.

He smirks "You care about where I was half-blood?"

The nickname was still hurtful. I felt my heart twinge the moment he said it.

"I don't!" I huffed.

"So you got bored and decided to walk, huh? You know you're still not at 100% right?" He says walking towards me