Chapter 4

There was a moment of stillness and quiet as N flew higher, the wind tightening around him and Uzi in a small air pocket. The only noises were Uzi's sniffles and the harsh winds, the small human tightened her grip on N, refusing to open her eyes or let go despite his large arms around her.

"Uzi, why..." N couldn't finish his pathetic mumble, spotting how terrified Uzi seemed, curled into his chest with thick tears running down her face. Uzi had tried to protect him, at least that's why he thought she shot J- and he barely was able to intervene and save her.

She deserves a thanks at least.

Tightening his grip on Uzi, N gulped "I meant thank you for stopping J, she might have killed me this time" his tone was awkward and shaky, clearly anxious about saying the wrong thing. The human in his arms only mumbled in response, her black eyeliner ran slightly as she held N tighter.

Sighing, N adjusted Uzi to be facing him, her make up was dripping and her eyes had gone red and puffy from sobs. It was a pitiful sight at best and a disturbing one at worst. She was so brazen and confident before, his pack mates must have really scared her.

N desperately tried to find something to say, but still had thousands of raging thoughts sprinting around his own mind, nothing made sense to him right now. J was dead, V would hate him, and Uzi was broken already. His favourite person was damaged...and it was his fault...

As N gazed into Uzi's eyes to try and find forgiveness he once again noticed how strangely bright they were, the clear purple being far more noticeable than her other facial features. "Why are your eyes purple Uzi?" N asked without thinking, lost in a kind of trance as he slowed down his flight.

"My- My- My mum wore purple contacts, a-and it's pretty common in the colony to wear them, my natural eyes are dark" Uzi stammered, tears still flowing slightly, though N could see a faint smile appear on her cheeks. Maybe a distraction was all she needed. "They look pretty on you" N stated, holding Uzi's face in one hand and stroking her cheek.

Uzi blushed and looked away from N "Bite me". N took a second to process what she meant by that, before smiling softly. Looks like she was feeling a bit better, Uzi wiped her own eyes and nuzzled back into the crook of N's neck. The shock of killing J and almost being eaten by V had led to a pretty stressful scenario. Uzi knew she was being vulnerable right now but found she didn't mind.

"Can you take me home?" Uzi shyly asked, voice muffled from N's shoulder, but N got the memo. "Of course Uzi! Don't worry I've got you" N replied sweetly, making Uzi blush harder. Who knew a werewolf could be so polite?

The polite werewolf noticed how warm Uzi felt and smiled. Uzi was genuinely the most adorable human he'd ever seen, she'd been a bit snippy before, but it seemed that she was capable of becoming a peaceful spirit whenever she chose to.

N turned his attention back to the sky, looking over the hundreds of stars, his mind attempted to wander back to V and his betrayal of the pack- but N found a suitable distraction in Uzi's steady breaths. Each puff of air in and out fell into rhythm with the wind around them, as if Uzi was connected to the sky itself.

Eventually Uzi peaked from N's arms and analysed how high they were- N was high above the trees but seemed to fly purposefully below the clouds- Uzi had mixed feelings about that, she always wanted to know what it was like to fall through a cloud. It was dumb idea, but the little kid in her wanted to know if it would be like candy floss or not.

"Um...N..this is going to sound stupid...but could you drop me through a cloud?" Uzi asked, face flushed as she felt embarrassed. She'd known this guy for a few hours and he'd saved her life, now she wanted him to drop her through a cloud to satisfy her inner six year old.