5. New Life

The car stopped in front of a huge palace. Ananya looked at it, mesmerized. It was a traditional Rajasthani palace, built in the 1560s. She felt like she was living a princess dream. She never thought she could even enter a palace, let alone being the queen. She looked around like an excited child.

The palace had tall, grand walls with intricate carvings. The windows were decorated with colorful stained glass that shimmered in the sunlight. There were large, wooden doors with golden handles, and the palace was surrounded by lush gardens filled with vibrant flowers.

Adhiraj admired his wife. He felt a sense of pride and happiness seeing her so happy. Her excitement was infectious, and he couldn't help but smile as he watched her take in the beauty of the palace.

His happy face changed to an emotionless one as he saw his driver coming to open the door. The driver opened the door, and Adhiraj got out. He walked around and opened the door on his Ananya's side. They both looked at each other. He extended his hand for Ananya to hold and get up. She took his hand and stepped out of the car.

The Raghuvanshi family was standing at the entrance of the palace, awaiting their children. Ananya instantly averted her eyes from Adhiraj and looked at the family, feeling a mixture of nervousness and anticipation.

Adhiraj and Ananya performed all the rituals and then stepped inside the house. The air was filled with the fragrance of incense.

Inside, the palace was just as impressive. The floors were made of polished marble, and there were beautiful tapestries hanging on the walls. A chandelier hung from the ceiling, sparkling with crystal. Ananya walked through the halls, her eyes wide with wonder, feeling like she had stepped into a fairy tale.

Ananya looked around the hallway, controlling her urge to dance to "Aami Je Tomar." She imagined herself twirling and singing there. She felt like she was in a dream. The elegant surroundings made her feel as if she had stepped into a scene from a movie.

Her thoughts were broken by Sanjana's voice.

"Beta tomorrow is your first rasoi (First Day In Kitchen). I know you are tired but you have to wake up early tomorrow other days you can wake up late if you want." Sanjana said and Ananya nodded her head. Adhiraj became frustrated and irritated by Ananya's nods. He wanted to hear her voice. They had been married, but so far he had only heard five words from her: "Hi, I am Ananya Shekhawat." He longed to hear her voice. She wanted her to talk whole day long.

Adhiraj and Ananya went to their room. Ananya looked around and was astonished. She had expected a large room, but this was huge. She carefully examined every detail. The room was painted white with a black theme. There was a beautiful sofa with a small side table in the room. The room also had a balcony. Ananya stepped out onto the balcony and saw a small swing attached to the top of the wall. There was a table with two chairs facing each other. She imagined reading her books there, enjoying the serene atmosphere.  There were two doors; one was likely the bathroom, and the other remained a mystery to her.

"I'll give you a small tour of the palace. It has many hallways and many rooms, but let's not do the math right now," Adhiraj said. He pointed to one of the doors and said. "That door is the bathroom," he explained. "And the other one is my office. I don't like anyone in it, so you shouldn't enter. There's also a gym right in front of our room. Thats all you need to know." Adhiraj concluded and Ananya nodded making Adhiraj angry.

He went in the bathroom.

Her attention finally shifted to the king-sized bed, which was decorated with rose petals spread all over it. A glass of milk was kept on the side table. She was shocked.

Do they expect me to... NO! I can't do this.

A noise of the door opening was heard. Adhiraj came into the room wearing a casual black t-shirt with pajamas. He walked towards Ananya with a serious face. She felt scared and moved a little back.

_________________________________________________