New Family

Edited.

A/N: I don't own the picture but I wanted to say the little girl is Summer and she's two and since I suck at writing as a toddler (I tried writing in her POV a thousand times) I'm just gonna try my best so please don't get mad if she sounds older than two. Her thoughts and descriptions will sound older than two! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!
--------------

I woke up in a strange room. Where's my mommy and daddy? How did I get here? Sitting up I looked around the room for them, panic filling my small body. Tears filled my blue eyes as I searched the room. There were no sign of my parents and all that was in the room was a bed, which I was sat on, a dresser, a bedside table, and a lamp on top of the table. The walls were a light pink which matched the bedsheets and beside me on the bed was a small, brown teddy bear. Why am I here? I want my mommy.. Why isn't she here? Suddenly, a man entered the room and smiled at me when he saw I was awake. Who is he? What does he want? I looked at him fearfully and his smile turned sympathetic as he approached. "It's alright Summer. Daddy's right here.", he assured me as he sat down next to me. I scooted away from him in fear. What does he mean 'Daddy's here'? He's not my daddy. How does he know my name? The man frowned slightly and gently grabbed my trembling body, pulling me into his lap as a I squirmed in his grip. "Shhh..you probably had a nightmare during your nap.", he insisted, making me shake my head. "I-I w-want M-Mommy.", I told the stranger, squirming still in his arms. "I'm sorry but Mommy is making dinner. She couldn't come but you can come into the living room now.", he resolved. Mommy's here? Yay! But why are we here with this creepy man who says he's my daddy? The man picked me up and carried me out of the room and down a hall. On the walls were pictures. One was of him and a lady. Another was of him, the same lady, and two kids. Finally, there was one with just the two kids. He probably noticed me looking at the pictures because he chuckled and informed, "You'll be in two of those pictures soon." I don't get it. What does he mean? He carried me down the stairs and into a living room. Inside there was a play pin with a soft blanket and plush toys inside, a TV, two white, leather couches with a matching arm chair, black carpet, an oak coffee table, and a toy box full of toys. He placed me in the play pin before picking up the remote and turning the channel to my favorite movie, Sleeping Beauty. How did he know? Did Mommy tell him? He looked up at the stairs and called, "Carrie! Come down here!" I looked at the stairs after he called up them for Carrie. Next thing I knew I heard a door being opened and closed faintly from upstairs then footsteps gradually getting closer until a girl that looked to be my cousin Lily's age, who is fourteen, appeared. "Yes sir?", the girl acknowledged him. She had brown hair and pretty blue eyes. "Go set the table and do it right.", he commands. "Yes sir.", she submitted, something Lily wouldn't have done. The girl, or I guess Carrie, left the room and into another room to set the table. The man looked down at me and smiled, "I'll be right back." He left into a different room, one of which Carrie didn't go into. I sat down in where I was and started to think. Where's Mommy at? He said she was here.. All I can remember is laying down for my nap at home and now I'm here. This is weird. Why did he say I would be in the pictures? Where's Daddy? "Dinner's ready!!", I heard a lady's voice announce loud enough for the whole house to hear. Carrie walked out of the room she was in and into the room where the man went in, completely ignoring me. A boy stomped down the stairs and through the living room. He stopped half way and looked back at me. He looked shocked. Who's he? He walked over and squatted down to my level and introduced, "Hi, I'm Alex. You must be Summer. You're new to the family. Don't worry, you'll get used to it. Come on, let's go eat." New to the family? What is he talking about? He picked me up and turned off the TV before carrying me into the room Carrie had left just a minute earlier to reveal a dining room. It had four chairs, two on one side of the table and two on the other with a high chair on the side. Alex sat me down in the high chair and buckled me in, sliding on the table. "W-Where am I-I?", I asked him in a small voice, looking around. He looked up at me and gave me an empathetic smile then answered, "A new home." I gave him a confused glance. A new home? Suddenly, the man walked in, followed by a strange lady and Carrie, who were carrying in food. "Thank you for getting her for me Alex. At least you're somewhat useful.", the man praised Alex as he sat down with a pot of macaroni and cheese. "Thanks.", Alex muttered, sitting down next to me. "Alex stop mumbling. You know I hate mumbling.", the lady scolded him as she put a slice roast beef on a small plate before cutting it up into tiny pieces. Carrie sat down with a pot of corn next to Alex. They began to take turns serving themselves, the lady preparing the smaller plate along with her own. But where's my mommy? He said she was here! The lady put the smaller plate on my little table and gave me a spoon before walking off only to return with a sippy cup, a gallon of milk, and a pitcher of tea. She poured the tea into the man's and her own glasses. She then poured milk into the sippy cup and into Alex's and Carrie's glasses. She gave me my sippy cup before leaving again with the beverages and returning, sitting down and beginning to eat with everyone else...except me. I'm really scared and I want my parents NOW. The lady glanced at me then at the man as she cooed, "Aw, John look. That nightmare must've really shook her up." "Yeah, I told you it was bad.", the man, or 'John' agreed with a nod. "Or maybe it's because she's scared to death and wants to go home..", Carrie mumbled, causing Alex to elbow her in the side. This caught John's attention. "Excuse me? Would you like to repeat that Carrie?", he challenged, eyes turning to slits. "No..", she denied, shaking her head. "No what?", he sneered. "No sir.", she responded, looking down at her plate. "That's what I thought.", he retorted back, continuing to eat. The lady looked at me and at my plate then pointed out, "You need to eat honey." "Maybe you should explain what's going on to her. She doesn't understand what's going on.", Alex suggested to her, making her and John look at him. Explain what? What's going on? John sighed, "I guess he's right. Alright, Summer this is your new family. I'm your daddy and this is your mommy. Alex and Carrie are your older siblings.", he explained. What? New family??????

----------------
A/N: How do you like it so far? I hope it's good. I know it's probably really slow but it's gonna be like that for right now but I'll try to make it faster if you want. Please vote and comment. I would love to here what you think. Please no mean comments though, deeply appreciated. Again, I hope you liked it and I'll try to update on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Thanks for reading! -Allygator98