Chapter 48: The demon lord, the saint and the hunter

3rd Pov

Walking down a long corridor filled with darkness...Glenda gulped nervously when the dozens of candles encrusted in the wall lit up.

Glenda : (I was told to come here...but this place is really creepy...)

Earlier, she had lost contact with Grandbell and after remembering the threat of Dawn, she resolved herself to stop now before her greed became her downfall.

Glenda : (I didn't know there was a corridor like this one under the church...even as a great saint...)

The architecture and gravure on the wall seemed rather old, almost antics...Glenda was sure if those walls were to be sold.

It would be worth a dozen stellar gold coins...

???: Those walls are beautiful aren't they, but you should touch them too much because they could trigger some misfortune.

Glenda : !!!

Startled by the sudden voice, Glenda looked up...coming from the other side of the corridor, a young lady appeared wearing her simple yet majestic kimono.

Flora : I am Flora, your new boss. It's a pleasure to properly meet you, Glenda.

Glenda : (S-this girl is my boss ? Wait, she is dangerous...my instinct is always right, this girl is a total freak...)

Taking a step back, Glenda then noticed something odd about what she just said.

Glenda : Properly met ? Have we met before ?

Flora : Well, you are a pretty good customer in my casino...a girl who had spent thousands of coins and cheated dozens of times surely brought attention.

Glenda : Casino ? Wait, then you are...

Flora : Code name : Fortune, we had a game of poker a few years ago, surely you remember.

There was no way Glenda would have forgotten that day...when she gained the position of great saint, money quickly gathered around her...

She who was greedy and built up a fortune went around messing with gold and fun...the underground casino being the best place for that.

Glenda became a regular there and earned a lot of attention...her identity was hidden along her appearance so she thought she was safe.

But after a few months, her confidence was shattered when she had a game with the owner herself...Fortune or rather known as Flora.

That single hour made Glenda lose all her profit and even indebted her...

Flora : You managed to pay off your debt the same year by stealing artifacts and other holy relics from Ruberios...interesting right.

Glenda : You...already know...

Flora : Don't worry, as long you work well, nothing will happen.

Flashing an innocent smile, Flora then reached for her sleeve and took out a large letter before tossing it on the ground.

Flora : This is an early payment, a first taste of what you'll get if you follow me.

Glenda carefully stared at the letter before he silently kneeled down and grabbed it, her hand gracefully opened the letter.

And immediately, her facial expression broke into surprise...

Glenda : This...(This is enough for a person to live several months like a noble...)

Flora : You seem rather satisfied.

Glenda : How can I be ? And this is just a first check ?

A wide smile formed on her face, Glenda followed her greed...offering money is the best way to gain her favor.