zero

DO NOT COMMENT 'UPDATE' OR ANY VERSION OF IT. PLEASE AND THANKS. IF YOU COMMENT UPDATE OR ANY VERSION OF IT, YOUR COMMENT WILL BE DELETED.

Zadie Bennett and Caroline Forbes had been best friends since they were in diapers. Technically, they were part of a group that included Zadie's twin sister, Bonnie, and Elena Gilbert. However, Bonnie and Elena were closer just as Zadie and Caroline were. Really, the quartet was two sets of duos.

It was the end of summer, the day before their junior year started specifically and the two were making out on Caroline's bed.

Zadie paused in her attack on her best friend's neck and smiled. The blonde always put so much pressure on herself, so it was nice to see her happy and free.

Caroline looked at her and tilted her head, "What?" She asked

The dark haired girl just continued to smile, "You're so beautiful."

Her blonde hair was splayed across the pillows of the bed. Her pink tank top was on the floor, as were her shorts. She was only left in her matching pink bra and underwear set. Her cheeks were flushed pink as her blue-green eyes stared up at the girl with dark brown hair with pink highlights that was straddling her waist and pulling her shirt over her head, revealing a belly button piercing and blue lacey bra.

"I love you Care." Zadie said before she kissed the girl again

Caroline slightly laughed, a soft smile gracing her face, "I love you too Zay-Zay."

Zadie leaned over and began to place kisses on the other girl's stomach, tracing an imaginary line that led up to where Caroline bra ended.

"Are you ready for school tomorrow?" The sheriff's daughter asked breathlessly

The Bennett teen stopped what she was doing to reply, "Not really. I'm excited we're one step closer to graduating and for cheerleading." She said, "Are you?"

"Of course I am!" The younger of the two replied, "We're co-captains finally! Plus I hear we're getting a new student tomorrow. I'm hoping he's cute."

Zadie cleared her throat slightly, "I don't want to talk boys." She said before leaning down to kiss her best friend

Caroline kissed back but then frowned, "You know this can't happen anymore, right?" She asked

A pit settled in Zadie's stomach as she moved off of the blonde and sat beside her, not quite looking at her, "I know." She said quietly

How has she forgotten? Whatever they were doing was only a summer thing.

It happened not long after the summer started at a party and it continued. Ever since the middle of freshman year, Zadie Abigail Bennett knew she liked girls.

However, it was only over the summer she knew she was in love with Caroline.

The only thing was... Caroline didn't feel that way about her.

Caroline didn't look at her lover as she tried to explain herself, "Once school starts, I don't want to talk about what we did over the summer. We can just go back to being Zadie and Caroline."

Just Zadie and Caroline.

Right.

Zadie was supposed to act like she wasn't totally in love with her best friend. That she hadn't slept with her many, many, many times over the summer, "Would it be so bad if we started a relationship?" She asked without thinking

"Yes!" The blonde immediately said

The brunette's face fell, "Right." She agreed and grabbed her shirt off the floor

She pulled it over her head and looked around for her shorts, "My dad texted, so I gotta go." She lied

"Zay..." The blonde started

However, the older girl shook her head, "I'll see you tomorrow." She said as she finally was dressed and moved to Caroline's bedroom door, "And I promise, this summer won't be mentioned at all." She told her lover before leaving

(Zadie Bennett wouldn't mind being in love with a girl if it didn't mean being in love with Caroline Forbes.

However, Caroline Forbes wouldn't mind being in love with Zadie Bennett if it didn't mean being in love with a girl.)

DO NOT COMMENT 'UPDATE' OR ANY VERSION OF IT. PLEASE AND THANKS. IF YOU COMMENT UPDATE OR ANY VERSION OF IT, YOUR COMMENT WILL BE DELETED.

I finally finished this chapter. I rewrote it sooooo many times because nothing was right. I couldn't decide how to start it but I liked this version. It's a little short but I feel like my first chapters usually are.

As always, you can find me on tiktok: @xoastorybynatxoxo