38 Flexible

Part 38 Flexible

The wedding preparations started. Arnav hired a marriage assembler for the wedding arrangements. As they had a very short time, they had no time to make arrangements independently.

On the other side,

Shashi became busy inviting people. He and Garima started inviting people to the wedding. After all, he was a Tahsildar and it was his district. Adding to it, Khushi's engagement matter spread throughout the district as it was published in the newspaper. So, Shashi could not ignore anyone. In fact, he was supposed to invite only close friends and relatives but people themselves came forward and said they would come to the wedding and an invitation was not needed. That made Shashi embarrassed.

They came home and sat on the couch all exhausted. Khushi brought- them water and gave it to them.

"Damadji said the wedding expenses would be his. We should tell him how many invitations we distributed. Then only he could arrange food accordingly" Garima said.

"That's what makes me embarrassed. The expenses are his but we are distributing invitations limitless... It feels awkward..." Shashi said embarrassingly.

"But, we can't avoid people because all are our friends and relatives as this is our native. It seems people will attend the wedding even if we don't invite them" Garima chuckled.

"That's what embarrassing me"

Khushi silently listened to them. She could understand their state. It was really awkward to let someone look after the expenses. It was too hard, especially for the self-esteemed man like Shashi.

"Can't you understand people's mentality, Shashiji?"

Shashi and Khushi looked at Garima.

"It's because our Damadji is a collector. That's why people don't expect usual respect from us. They just want to show off that they are our relatives"

"It doesn't matter, Garima"

"Talk to Damadji. Tell him we will share the wedding expenses"

"How could I talk to him? he seems a collector in my eyes. Words are not coming from my throat" Shashi said chuckling.

"Shall I talk?" Garima asked.

"Will you?" asked Shashi.

It seemed Shashi expected the same as Garima spoke to Aranv rightfully.

"Why not? I can even threaten him"

Shashi raised his brows.

"I'm going to say, he should have to accept our demand. Otherwise, we won't give our daughter's hand to him... what say?"

Shashi was stunned.

"Leave it on me. I will talk to him" Garima said confidently.

Shashi and Khushi became curious because they Knew Arnav. He was not what Garima was thinking. His way of handling people was always remarkable.

"Will he be free now?" Garima asked.

"Let me check" Shashi removed his phone and dialed Aman.

He attended the call.

"Hello, Shashi Sir..." Aman said.

"Aman, is Collector sir free?"

"Collector sir? Like really?" Aman chuckled teasingly.

Shashi smiled.

"he is going to be your son-in-law in a few days. Still, are you calling him Collector sir?"